1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula Classic @ Londrina - Thursday May 24, 2012

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Von Butters, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Classic
    Car: Formula Classic download here
    Track: Londrina

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Race 1 (25 minutes)
    20:05 GMT: Qualification
    20:15 GMT: Race 2 (25 minutes)

Server and teamspeak password: Click Here
    RD Club Rules: Click Here

We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.

Extra Notes

•Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
    •Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Sign ups as maybe - will add you to the reserve list only. You will only be added to the end of the main signup list when you confirm attendance
    1. - Christopher Hall-Nelson
    2. - Ross McGregor
    3. - Rickard Norgren
    4. - Conny Naslund
    5. - Reiko Arnold
    6. - Rodrigo Suardi
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    1. -
    2. -
  3. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Signing up. Will ABS be activated for this?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Its standard procedure that all aids are turned off, with the exception of Auto Clutch/Gears.
    Its easy to get used to though, and if i can get used to it, then anyone can!
  5. i cant because of time zone, 17:00 here
  6. Having a day off work on Friday, so finally I can visit a mid week R-D race.
    Please sign me up.

After racing the classic F1 with ABS at the R-D/SRE meeting, can I understand why Ross asked, it made up for some close racing, and cars was much easier to handle. I am ok without, so np.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Dont get me wrong, although it's common practice here for no aids, I wouldn't mind a little abs as well. Makes it just that little bit easier and more controllable.
  8. Sign me up please

As a new guy with GSC, and especially with the F1 classic I would really need some help with the setup.
    I'm used to iRacing, so I do have experiance, but driving a new car like this, I'm a bit lost setup wise.

Also, what is expected to be a good race time, and qualifying time? Don't have anything to compare with yet.
  9. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Default set is usually ok, but turn down your brake pressure as these things are very sensitive on the brakes.
  10. There are a few good set ups in the car set up forum...not sure if there is one for this track but it might give you a start. I usually run close to the defaults as they are quite good. I do run the steering ratio much higher though - somewhere around 23-25.
  11. Tried the default one and lowered the break pressure. Thx, as I was locking up everywhere.
    Managde to get down to high 58's with race fuel . Not sure how bad that is.
    Hard to find the line through some of the tight ones where I need to run on the curbs somewhat.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Plenty of time to get some practice in though, keep at it, you will find this is one HELL of a sim!;)
  13. BIG thanks Chris for the open-wheeler-race-club comeback!!!
    i'll do my best to be part of this but can confirm only the very last minute ...
    (I would like the low ABS settings (after getting used to it with other communities))
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

I'n not the person to ask about ABS though, try Bram, he seems to be active in this side of the forum, so if we all asked him pretty please, he may say yes.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Can't make it as on that day I will be hanging out in Yokohama, Japan. :p
  16. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Oh, cool, i'll keep an eye out for you and give you a wave!
    I'm not going to be there, but as i'm suffering more with my spine, im thinking about taking my Xbox 360 upstairs and doing some console racing, like the Forza games or PGR series, just to give my self some good resting and healing time. As PGR has a lot of tracks in that area... lol

Seriously though mate, have a good trip and god speed!
  17. Just about to go online for a blast:)
    But I need to know what version we suppose to race at?
    Or do we both 2009 and stock car versions?
  18. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

It's the longer version with the extra bit after the main straight
  19. Ah, then I'm not doing high 58s anymore but low 1.03s.:)
    But this version (2009) seems to have a bit better flow without that nasty curb chicane for T1.:cautious:
    I have a 50/50 to get that right. Fail there and you will crash out anyone behind.
    It's a tricky circuit. Still learning to use that downforce.
    My head is still saying ...slow down, slow down that won't work in that corner.
    I'm more of a GT man my self.
  20. Reiko Arnold

Reiko Arnold
    Premium Member

Excellent, sign me up please.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.