1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Formula Classic Dash

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by DeoraTwo, Mar 22, 2016.

1. I've just noticed and it's been bugging me. Has anyone noticed that the New FC dash has white elements that turn to black? It would make sense if it were an unlit motec screen but it's not even an LCD display. It looks more like LED's under colored plastic like the MP4/4 and the Honda S2000 Even the GSCE alternate dash was bright green instead. Maybe it can be changed to a better more noticeable color reiza? Just a nit I had to pick.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. hex

hex

Whoa, you're totally right! I didn't even pay attention and now it's bugging me as well! :D This should be the other way around - all blackish that turns to white elements or even more properly to a slightly orange ones :inlove:

3. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

nope, that is how monochromatic LCD works :) active pixels are black ... if not active polarized light goes through and you see nothing - it just lits the display background, if pixel si active light won`t go through second polarizer as it has different angle than second polarizer, won`t hit the display and it is black .. for color LCDs you have RGB subpixels ...
    Don`t you remember old nintendo, digital watches or tetris game? :)

picture for all words:
    [​IMG]

4. hex

hex

[​IMG]
    Then at least tone down the white stripes or even make it grey instead of total white.

Check out this video:

It's WHITE on BLACK/GREY - and this is how I would see this with Formula Classic, not the other way around as it is now.

5. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

I wouln`t take rF2 mod as a reference video (that doesn`t even look like mp4/4) ... I don`t fancy how it looks in AMS either .. I simply clarified that it goes black on brighter background ... :)

How much it goes bright when on I don`t know .. probably not as white as ingame, my guess is it uses active matrix for better visibility but how bright?

But than Fromula Classic in AMS is not mp4/4 so we cant really compare ... just like or dislike
    [​IMG]
    I think AC mod does good job with cockpit

6. hex

hex

Actually, Forza had it the best I've seen:
    [​IMG]

Watch from ~6:30

It's red/dark orange on dark/black background. And the background is SOLID, not black with white unlit stripes. Actually, McLaren often had red-on-dark LCD.
    So, to sum things up, unlit white stripes should go, the background ought to be solid color - whether light or dark. That's it.

7. this car deserves so much more attention like the upcoming turbo adaptation or... please @Domagoj Lovrić

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

well there was aparently more different versions .. black on bright, orange on dark .. I think the original is black on bright

9. The thing is it isn't even an LCD on the FC. It's a set of lights in a black plastic front panel, or at least it used to be.

10. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

11. layout looks also completely different

12. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

apparently there were more cockpit layouts, more chasi variations ... and again .. Formula Classic is based on late `80 era F1 cars .. :)

13. I guess a real solution here is re-implementing the "upgrade" system from rFactor to configure how our car looks according to our preference.

14. hex

hex

That's because it's the McLaren MP4/5b (1990) - you can see Honda logo on the steering wheel. In 1988 there were NO side cameras used on the McLarens, sadly.

15. Aha! Thx hex! I thought senna retired in 1988. Didnt notice the wheel.

• Love Love x 1
  16. Well Senna was retired by head trauma due to a control arm through his helmet sadly.

17. hex

hex

@DeoraTwo I think roby13 meant that particular race at Monaco in 1988 ;)

@roby13 Ayrton did retire in 1988, but the onboard footage is from 1990. You can hear it straight from the director himself in the "Director's cut" of the Senna movie :)

18. hex

hex

Just dropped by to show n' suggest for F-Classic what was done for Lotus 99T in rF2.

[​IMG]

19. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

Let's bring back those old F1 cars and let the current crop of F1 drivers,drive them for a whole season.Now I would pay Sky their subscription fee for that.:D

20. I'm gonna keep dreaming about a HQ 1986 F1 mod, preferably by F1SR team or Dave Purdy\Chiefwiggum\Reutemann\wolferl ;)
    + a HQ conversion of F1SR F1 1991 HE and 1992 LE
    + a HQ conversion of Simracers F1 1975 LE
    + a HQ conversion of Carrera4's Trackpack from @Patrick Giranthon :D:D:D

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1