Discussion in 'GSC Setups' started by Noel Spence, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Noel Spence

Noel Spence Premium Licensed

seems ok

Attached Files:

• 2.svm
      File size:
      3.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Anthony Levene

Anthony Levene Premium Licensed

Cheers for the set up Noel. Did the business in qualifying this evening with a 1.8:8 :)
    Nice and stable in the race too.

3. Noel Spence

cheers anthony , nice time

4. Roberto Costa

Roberto Costa Licensed

Are you guys using any assists? (ABS particularly) Im not using any and i can't do anything better than 1.12:100. At least for this setup, looks very good to be but i need to lower the brake pressure to something like 70% or i end up locking the wheels almost every corner (No ABS) :(

5. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Passionate Volvo C30 driver Premium

With 70 procent you really loose too much braking power. Just try to gradually release the brakepedal before you enter a corner to avoid lock ups

6. Noel Spence

i have all assists turned off , all i can say is you have to be very gentle with these cars on braking and accelerating , just ease into accelerating when your speed is slow , and be gentle with braking dont put your foot through the floor

7. Roberto Costa

Roberto Costa Licensed

Im still trying but its hard. For the acceleration im ok with no assits, i play every race/car without any assists but after i saw the times i did some test with the abs on light. My times on this track got a real improvement from 1.12:100 to 1.10:200 using the ABS. Im trying to be very gentle to the brakes, but sometimes im too gentle (lose the corner and end up on grass) or im not (end up locking the wheels). Probably because im playing F1 2010/2011 for too long, i forgot how to brake properly lol. If i use the pressure around 90% i end up locking the brakes, with lower pressure im a little better, but i have to brake early and end up loosing time.
    Im going to try again today at Campo Grande and see if i can get a better feeling of the brakes without using the ABS.

8. Roberto Costa

Roberto Costa Licensed

Gradually under 0.100 of a second? That's hard.
    After some laps im using 100% brake pressure now and no ABS, looks like if i press the brake pedal anything more than 50% i end up locking the wheels. I've set the sensitivity to 20% / Deadzone to 2% and Digital Braking to 10% (I don't know what this digital braking really do). I've managed to do 1.10:700 now, but sometimes i still end up locking the wheel :(
    At least looks like its better this time, maybe i can improve the times after some training.

9. Roberto Costa

Roberto Costa Licensed

Im trying hard, after lots of laps im much better now! Thanks for the tip. Only problem is that i can do it for the F3/Classic but im still locking the wheels on the Stock Cars.
    Did you use the same technique with Stock Cars also?

10. Bram Hengeveld

Yes but in the stock cars I use a lower brakepressure (between 86 and 90 %) but the technique is the same. Brake with maximum force and then gradually release the pressure when you enter the corner.

11. Roberto Costa

Roberto Costa Licensed

Thanks, i will try today, looks like i can do this on most corners. Since i play on cockpit cam i was thinking my wheels were locking, but they aren't. I though so because of the sound of the wheels, but the sound is when i start the corners, so i guess im entering the corners with too much speed.

12. Bram Hengeveld

Here is my race setup for the Formula Classic. The car has a first gear so don't by afraid to use it :) Add fuel as desired.

Gear indications for a lap: 1-3-3-2-4-1-2-2

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Scott Webber

Scott Webber Premium Licensed

Updated setup for the 2012 Update

Attached Files: