1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Formula BMW @ Oulton - Setup Thread

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by David Turnbull, Jan 22, 2017.

1. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +5,764
    Heres my first setup after a few laps, feels good and stable so far, still alot of time to come though, hope its a start for someone :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. jego

jego
    Premium

Ratings:
    +234
    Oh this is a lovely track, also the cars behave much more to my liking then those usf2000s (damn Cooper tyres) :cool:

The ffb is very rumbly for me though? I have driven those cars already when they were released but can't remember if it had been like that.

3. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,047
    Ye this is a better combo, also worth mentioning David noticed that lower psi better grip and tires get next to no wear so everyone should se these pressures I think #bridgestones. I went to 0.46 multi with these and usually wi fr3.5 about 0.7/8 I noticed quite vibration leaving pits.

Heres mine feels pretty but tire psi made biggest difference :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• sg3.svm
      File size:
      4.3 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 5
  4. jego

jego
    Premium

Ratings:
    +234
    For some reason, your Setup did not show up in the garage for me. I had to selector button from vehicle to All.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,047
    Maybe slight different cars ? I picked I think a 2005 model maybe there are differences between the years in performance terms also ?

6. jego

jego
    Premium

Ratings:
    +234
    They should all be the same from what I know.

7. jego

jego
    Premium

Ratings:
    +234
    So I am by no means an expert but something seems little off with this cars front tyre grip.
    If they loose traction, understeer and then make a very hard steering input they sometimes regain 100% grip again immediately.
    Do you guys thing this is normal for this car? I watched some onboards and it does indeed seem very glued to the track.