• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Formula BMW @ Oulton - Setup Thread

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by David Turnbull, Jan 22, 2017.

1. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +5,868
    Heres my first setup after a few laps, feels good and stable so far, still alot of time to come though, hope its a start for someone :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. jego

jego
    Premium

Ratings:
    +283
    Oh this is a lovely track, also the cars behave much more to my liking then those usf2000s (damn Cooper tyres) :cool:

The ffb is very rumbly for me though? I have driven those cars already when they were released but can't remember if it had been like that.

3. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,047
    Ye this is a better combo, also worth mentioning David noticed that lower psi better grip and tires get next to no wear so everyone should se these pressures I think #bridgestones. I went to 0.46 multi with these and usually wi fr3.5 about 0.7/8 I noticed quite vibration leaving pits.

Heres mine feels pretty but tire psi made biggest difference :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• sg3.svm
      File size:
      4.3 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 5
  4. jego

jego
    Premium

Ratings:
    +283
    For some reason, your Setup did not show up in the garage for me. I had to selector button from vehicle to All.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,047
    Maybe slight different cars ? I picked I think a 2005 model maybe there are differences between the years in performance terms also ?

6. jego

jego
    Premium

Ratings:
    +283
    They should all be the same from what I know.

7. jego

jego
    Premium

Ratings:
    +283
    So I am by no means an expert but something seems little off with this cars front tyre grip.
    If they loose traction, understeer and then make a very hard steering input they sometimes regain 100% grip again immediately.
    Do you guys thing this is normal for this car? I watched some onboards and it does indeed seem very glued to the track.