1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Formula BMW @ Hockenheim Short & GP, Monday 24th Feb 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Justin Swan, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM FBMW
    Car: Formula BMW
    Track: Hockenheim Short & GP circuits
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07 + Raceroom free expansion

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:45 GMT: Race (2 x 12 laps)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Justin Swan
    2. Björn Golda
    3. Dennis Phelan
    4. Vaughn Stegeman
    5. Warren Schembri
    6. Mark Bushell
    7. Mert Kayar
    8. Fernando Navarro
    9. Alex Walder
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Something slightly different this week as we travel to Germany for the Hockenheim racing week. We have a sprint feature on the Short circuit followed by the main feature on the full GP circuit. We will only have a 10 minute warm up session for race 2, so if you want to practice the full GP circuit, there will be a server running for that, which will feature all cars from this weeks racing for your practicing pleasure :) (This will go up after the Saturday event @ KW Speedway.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

Just a quick question. Why never any race 07 events on the weekends?

4. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Saturdays are for "special events" and we have one on this very weekend :) Fancy some oval racing?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

I just saw that! But the event looks full and I'm not the biggest oval fan or should I say I just don't like them lol. But dying to get into an event. Maybe I can drop in for free practice. Now to download the race series again lol.

6. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

The event is far from full! Only the names in BOLD are taken positions. Jump in with us, I'm going in dead cold as I've had no PC for over a week.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

I'm so on the fence, got a lot going on around 2 pm tomorrow. Also I don't have a Mic set up yet and I've never used team speak. I'll go set up the download now to install the game.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I'm still home on Monday, if I'm done packing I'll be there!

@Saleem Hodge , KWS is a great way to check out our online scene. These cars on this track are not a piece of cake either, you will be working hard to get a good lap in. In the end you will have some respect for NASCAR drivers!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

Don't get me wrong, I grew up watching NASCAR. But I haven't ever driven an oval on any SIM. I know it will be a handful for me. Not to mention I don't want to be that guy that runs someone else's race with my lack of familiarity and pace.

10. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm in for this one :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Formula BMW .. those are the "intro level" Formula cars, right? I'll give this a go ... tho I generally have problems controlling these beasts, I've had some small success with the little guys.
    I'm not quite understanding the race format here tho .. So we've got race 1 on the short circuit, got that .. and then we'll have to exit the sever and come back in for the race on the GP circuit?
    Also, why only 12 laps? Any chance that could be set higher?

@Saleem Hodge -- don't worry about inexperience. I'm pretty much always the slowest guy in the races, and have plenty of crashes. It's still fun. Don't be too nervous and just jump on in!! It's the only way to get used to it. .. and while teamspeak is fun and awesome, it's not a requirement :cool:

12. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

I got into an open server today in race 07 at Imola 08 which is the current layout. Open practice and qualifying was in the rain which was super fun and demanding. I was about 20 seconds off the pace, which was pretty disheartening. I started to get the car setup for the rain with my little knowledge and the race was about to start. Switch to the race and it was in the dry. Hit go to grid and was sitting there and tried to go back to the garage to change something not thinking that would end my race. Well my first online attempt in race 07 was disaster. But fun none the less

• Love Love x 1
  13. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

@Vaughn Stegeman No you won't have to leave the lobby. It will automatically roll over to the next race. I will be on the server to Skip P1 and we'll have 10 minutes in P2 before we go to qually.

• Beer Beer x 1
  14. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Server is UP

Jump on to the WTCC server to practise the full GP layout, all cars for this week will be available up until a few hours before Tuesdays race.

15. So the server will be switching the track between races? I didn't realize it could do that.

Yeah, I learned that the hard way myself. Now you know tho LOL .. Always check the race conditions before entering the grid. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

I won't be able to make the race because I'll be at work. Is it ok if I jump on the server to get some practice with you guys during open practice?

• Like Like x 1
  17. But of course! :cool:

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

I am not sure if I can race, have to do it with a keyboard. Going on the server now to test run :p

19. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

Think I'm about to fire it up too.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  20. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

Just tried, it is not impossible but it is very hard and takes a lot of practice to get the pace right. However, I remember how annoying the RaceRoom expansion was now after driving on the track.
    1) The RaceRoom F1 car sucks ass, worst car ever made
    2) Every minor mistake is unforgiving. The run-off asphalt is so rubbishly made that you can never ever correct a minor mistake in turn 1 without crashing.
    Given point 2 and my keyboard driving I concluded that driving this is not the way to spend my sunday evening, good luck to the racers ;)