AC Formula Abarth @ Zandvoort - Monday 9 November 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I crashed into someone parked with his nose on the track around turn 1. My car was severely damaged, so I pitted and continued. I was lapped by almost everyone as a result.

The game still has some very weird quirks at the end of a race. It allowed me to complete all the race laps, when in fact I should have received the checkered flag on the lap the leader finished.

OMG :thumbsdown: Will I ever survive the first lap :redface:
Sorry, I made someone flip in the first lap :(
Even with helicorsa I lost overview :redface:

Damn it, could have been an epic race! So much people with close times in quali :thumbsup:

Did almost my first quit after a little contact with trackboundary making me loose 20 kmh top speed :confused:
Decided against it and was happy with it as I still had some traffic and fun moments :geek:

Made it too easy @Ricardo :D Thought I had blue flag :thumbsdown: Anyway with my top speed I was lost anyway :rolleyes::p

High downforce may lead to good hotlap times, but it sucks for an actual race setup. I need to wean myself off of the rear wing somehow, but I am too scared it will be a spin-o-rama during a race. @Jani Pauri and I had a little battle going on for a few laps, but he was just too fast on the straight for me. A slight off on the last corner ended that challenge. Definitely happy for a podium finish though. That hasn't happened in like forever! :)

Thanks @Ricardo for setting up the race, look forward to the next one!

My first win here at Racedepartment! Finally..:)
Started in 3rd position with a good start.. @IRobot, what happened in the first lap? Had a nice battle in the beginning of the race with @Jani Pauri, unfortunatly he lost control in the chicane (turn 11, Audi S) and from there on was leading the race. From there on a bit boring with no battles whatsoever but still very happy with the result :geek:

Thanks @Ricardo for setting up the race! :thumbsup:

Here's brief highlights of my race:-

It was quite impressive that you were turning such fast laps (after the spins) on hard tires. I was looking at your (and Jani's) speed at the end of the straights and I was 10kph slower than the two of you.

Two races in a row without incident.
This was better than what i was expecting. Not too many blue flags also.

This is the video of first lap incident and also the most exciting moment of the race for me :)
That was a close call.
*I used RD's name, hope that's ok. If not, i can upload it without logo. Just let me know.

Just watched the replay :(
Actually my start wasn´t all that bad but then I suddenly turned into @Tommi Saari. Just a couple of centimeters and nothing had happened but instead I pushed you out by touching your diffusor :redface: Really sorry @Tommi Saari !!
Strange that I remember from race that you came closer to me but obviously it was the other way round. Don´t know where my brain was :thumbsdown:
I wished I would have a Rift :rolleyes: FOV on my 19 inch display is so narrow that I can only rely on helicorsa.

@Herbie dont worry, it's called racing. I looked at the replay right after the race and I reckon there was some lag contact as the impact was quite strong. I teleported to pits and started chasing you down, those hard tyres came into their own towards the end.

@Herbie dont worry, it's called racing. I looked at the replay right after the race and I reckon there was some lag contact as the impact was quite strong. I teleported to pits and started chasing you down, those hard tyres came into their own towards the end.
My mediums were at 94 % at the end!! Strange thing is that I didn´t notice much :confused: Yes, in the really last laps I had to be a bit carefull on the exits but I thought with 94 % I would be spinning all around the whole track...
Maybe it was because I was lacking 20 kmh top speed. After damage it felt like I had very high wings :O_o: No top speed but very good grip in corners, that´s why I could still overtake some people :ninja:

I think the cars jammed somehow @Tommi Saari ´cause I tried to pull away but couldn´t :unsure:
And yes was a nice chase ;)

Just watched the replay :(
Actually my start wasn´t all that bad but then I suddenly turned into @Tommi Saari. Just a couple of centimeters and nothing had happened but instead I pushed you out by touching your diffusor :redface: Really sorry @Tommi Saari !!
Strange that I remember from race that you came closer to me but obviously it was the other way round. Don´t know where my brain was :thumbsdown:
I wished I would have a Rift :rolleyes: FOV on my 19 inch display is so narrow that I can only rely on helicorsa.

A 24 inch screen don't cost that much anymore ;)

A 24 inch screen don't cost that much anymore ;)
Yes I know Martin ;)
...but one question: Are you married? :D:D
Problem is, this small screen was a gift of my wife, I think now 10 years ago. This thing aint going to crack :mad: I tried to convince my wife several times that a bigger one is also better for her but she only says: "but it is still working!" :rolleyes:;)

So I decided to wait for the Rift and built up a pc that can handle it :D

I record clips from the replay using NVidia ShadowPlay then load the clips into Premier pro.
Wow, that sounds professional :) (and the videos look really good :thumbsup:)
Any cheaper alternatives?:D ...and I am on AMD :cool: Want to change to Nvidia but only in a couple of months...

Would one of the fast guys be so kind to share their setup? Really would like to know if the gap was down to that, or if my driving (i.e. braking points, lines) was just poor.

OMG :thumbsdown: Will I ever survive the first lap :redface:
Sorry, I made someone flip in the first lap :(
Even with helicorsa I lost overview :redface:

Damn it, could have been an epic race! So much people with close times in quali :thumbsup:

Did almost my first quit after a little contact with trackboundary making me loose 20 kmh top speed :confused:
Decided against it and was happy with it as I still had some traffic and fun moments :geek:

Made it too easy @Ricardo :D Thought I had blue flag :thumbsdown: Anyway with my top speed I was lost anyway :rolleyes::p
Hahaha :p the difference between the fresh softs and your worn car was too big :p Although officially you ended in front of me

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 250 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%