AC Formula Abarth @ Tor Poznan - Saturday May 14th 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
fabarth-png.108970
Extended bench for the GTs to give the friendly open wheeler Tatuus Abarth!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us as a Premium Member
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Join us as a Freemium Member
If you haven't raced with us before and you'd like to register for a freemium account and race online at RaceDepartment for free for a full month, sign yourself up below. We have five slots reserved so first come first served.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #4 (US)
Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars: Tatuus Formula Abarth
Track: Tor Poznán (get it here)

Practice: 20:00 EST | 00:00 GMT | 09:00 AEST - (45 min)
Qualifying: 20:45 EST | 00:45 GMT | 09:45 AEST - (15 min)
Race: 21:00 EST | 01:00 GMT | 10:00 AEST - (14 laps)

Entry List
  1. Lorenzo Bonder
  2. Bogman
  3. Edward Mowinckel
  4. Free Slot - Premium Member
  5. Free Slot - Premium Member
  6. Free Slot - Premium Member
  7. Free Slot - Premium Member
  8. Free Slot - Premium Member
  9. Free Slot - Premium Member
  10. Free Slot - Premium Member
  11. Free Slot - Premium Member
  12. Free Slot - Premium Member
  13. Free Slot - Premium Member
  14. Free Slot - Premium Member
  15. Free Slot - Premium Member
  16. Free Slot - Premium Member
  17. Free Slot - Premium Member
  18. Free Slot - Premium Member
  19. Free Slot - Premium Member
  20. Freemium Member
  21. Freemium Member
  22. Freemium Member
  23. Freemium Member
  24. Freemium Member

Last edited:
Thanks, Lorenzo. I'm up for this one too. Not a bad little formula car. I bet it will get better the more I drive it. Sounds like fun especially on a new track for me.

Last edited:
I was going to recommend running an openwheeler on this track. I had so much fun with FR3.5 and Exos 125 on this track when play offline.
Too bad I'll be traveling next weekend :(

i did not go to round 1 because i try to put the key procusde download can you sort things things out for me before round 2 of the formula abarth please.

my formula abarth car is an 2015 mclaren honda livery and my jenson button helmet 2014.
135107-5d92ce179de0c1d7da372ab3eb3963fb.jpg
135108-9a526a37dcab45ba66dbbfa69cd9c46b.jpg
135109-f1c4cc53ee2d8c98525a5b984b66c258.jpg
upload_2016-5-9_7-2-5.png

Attachments

• 10730708706_205ca17786_o.jpg
    10730708706_205ca17786_o.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 575
  • CGPzc8K.jpg
    CGPzc8K.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 571
  • Jenson-Button_1.jpg
    Jenson-Button_1.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 597
I know there aren't a lot of people signing up for this, but I'm gonna be there, and if anyone else wants to show up, if it's three or less, let's just work on racecraft practice. Like, I dunno if Lorenzo and Bogman can benefit from an hour of talking about the rudiments of racing, but I know I can. Hell everyone can. You can learn 80% of something in 20% of the time it takes to be an expert, but that last 20% takes 80% of the time it takes to be an expert, if that makes sense.

Like i have the first 80% down, and I gotta work on the last 20%. I've had decent wheels and pedals for eight years now, and now I have the best set up I've ever had. It's time for me to get serious and commit. If I could have an hour with, Lord sorry Lorenzo. I'm so sorry I am going to pad your ego 'cause I know you do that enough yourself! But you're good, man. You've invested years of you life into motorsports and sim racing, your passion and enthusiasm for motorsports and sim racing are very apparent. Being around that and just discussing racecraft for an hour would be hugely valuable for me.

Also I know this is a weird venue to talk about this, but I have really intense and bad anxiety problems that have stonewalled me in my life for about four years now. Only in the past six months have I started making serious progress on it. Going to a doctor and all that stuff, taking meds and other stuff. Like, at this point in my life, I'm 29 and I have a dead end job. I have skillsets and talents in a couple fields, and a deeply and intricately rooted love of motorsports. I have climbed out of my respective anxiety hole to the point where I can look back and think "wow I used to think being that deep in this pit was okay", and I feel like if I talk about it I'll have less of a chance of regression into bad thought patterns that make my anxiety worse. Making it this far, I realize some things in my life are going to change, and part of that is my most intense passion, cars going around a fixed course really fast.

I sincerely don't know how and where motorsports are going to fit in to my life going forward. Talking about that with other obsessives would be a therapy for me. Motorsports are deeply tied into my life, but how it fits in going forward I don't know. I don't know how to reconcile an all consuming obsession with the realities of a changing life. All I know is that it needs to be there.

In my darkest times I have my hands on a wheel, and my feet on my pedals to get myself through it. If those aren't around, I'm imaging myself on the track. Even when I'm thinking about it I can feel the rear end biting into the road through the wheel as my feet dance on the pedals. Racing is valuable to me, and I need to figure out how. Zen Buddhists meditate, I race!

Basically I need a moment to vent with people who understand where I'm coming from. It may sound selfish, but I am digging myself out of a hole. This is a good community. Even when I've ruined peoples races, they've shown me kindness. I can find good things for myself here, even if it's just me in no mans land, in last, or in the midfield while newer drivers are behind me, and more experienced drivers in front. Even with a ten second gap in front and behind, I'm driving. I know that I still have 18 laps that all need to be within a +/- .2 second window. The tenacity and focus, even in a sim, even in no mans land, is something I seek out. It gives me a couple hours to set aside all of my perceived problems, and I don't think I get enough chances to do it!

So, I'm seeking my own therapy through race cars, and the motorsport community. You wanna hang out and talk race cars? Talk about why they're there for you, and help me get better at racing? Let's do it.

I am saying that if only a few people sign up, I still want to be there. Even if it's just for me. So let's race. Let's get better, and let's dive into our passion.

Who's gonna be there tomorrow?!

I'm trying to join, but it says that the server contains unavailable content.
I did download the track, unless it was just recently updated

Just wanted to thank Lorenzo for his professionalism in always setting up the servers even if there aren't enough people signed up. It's too bad that on weekends AC club races are not well attended. AC is still the sim that keeps me involved in sim racing nowadays.

I won't be able to make any races for the next couple of weeks, but I will be back after that.

Thanks again, Lorenzo.

Oh man I'm gonna eat so much crap for this. I'm gonna need a dump truck for all the crap I deserve to eat for missing this. Pile it on, man. Bring it. Only way to get over this is to take it.

Come forth with the crap I deserve. I will be handing out shovels to those who participate.

For what it's worth, I am very sorry.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back