AC Formula Abarth @ Nordschleife - Sat 21 Mar 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
God damn I hate races where you have to retire in first lap and it's someone others fault:mad:. Finally I had time to prepare properly to the race and find good setups ( usually I have about 1 hour time before race) and now this happened:cry::poop::mad:

Sorry that I stop racing and disconnect. I was too angry and disappointed to carry on

@Tomi Manninen

I can completely understand you Tomi, but even if i know that this was not my fault i feel guilty, i just wanna go back to hotlaps only and stop playing online at the moment or can you or someone else tell me how could i avoid this crash?

@Falko Renner Yes you're right, you couldn't avoid that and something like that I doubted that happen, because I have seen your races in same events and we have had few battles on track. So I know that you wouldn't be guilty of that kind of rookie mistake.

I think these situations happen more often in Nordschleife than other tracks

@Tomi Manninen

I can completely understand you Tomi, but even if i know that this was not my fault i feel guilty, i just wanna go back to hotlaps only and stop playing online at the moment or can you or someone else tell me how could i avoid this crash?

Get yourself an iRacing license so you don't have to play Star Wars while car racing, where the cars are teleporting themselves :whistling:

Well I am not particular happy after this race with the way people have been acting after incidents. It seems like drivers are missing the point of club racing. It is not about the race itself, it is also about having fun and gaining experience.
I myself crashed a hell of a lot too, (hence my first laptime of 23 minutes, also related to the pitstop laptime bug on the schleife) but I continued driving. Tried catching up with Martin Faber and Mark Gormley after waiting for them at start finish (Back to pits is your friend when crashing). Later in the race after crashing once again I had a great time driving with @Tobias Röhner , waiting for each other when we crash, just to get mroe experience with close racing and battling and to have fun.
A shocking 45% dropout this race. Just 'don't want to hotlap' etc. There is an option to wait for somebody in pitlane or whereever safe just to rejoin and battle it with them out, you do not have to win to have fun! If you agree to pretend nothing happend (just AC counting you one lap down) with somebody, you can still have amazing fights...
I want to thank the 5 guys that stayed with me to the end very much. You make hosting an event worth my time.

Well I am not particular happy after this race with the way people have been acting after incidents. It seems like drivers are missing the point of club racing. It is not about the race itself, it is also about having fun and gaining experience.
I myself crashed a hell of a lot too, (hence my first laptime of 23 minutes, also related to the pitstop laptime bug on the schleife) but I continued driving. Tried catching up with Martin Faber and Mark Gormley after waiting for them at start finish (Back to pits is your friend when crashing). Later in the race after crashing once again I had a great time driving with @Tobias Röhner , waiting for each other when we crash, just to get mroe experience with close racing and battling and to have fun.
A shocking 45% dropout this race. Just 'don't want to hotlap' etc. There is an option to wait for somebody in pitlane or whereever safe just to rejoin and battle it with them out, you do not have to win to have fun! If you agree to pretend nothing happend (just AC counting you one lap down) with somebody, you can still have amazing fights...
I want to thank the 5 guys that stayed with me to the end very much. You make hosting an event worth my time.

Well, now I feel bad that I didn't continued racing. But I very very rarely exit from the race. Maybe 5 times in about 60+ events. I really don't need to win or be at the podium, Sometimes you just don't have interest to carry on:(.

But after all I'm Finnish, so I can't race only for fun:D Theres always some competition. That's the way we Finnish people are built, especially in motor racing:D

Well, now I feel bad that I didn't continued racing. But I very very rarely exit from the race. Maybe 5 times in about 60+ events. I really don't need to win or be at the podium, Sometimes you just don't have interest to carry on:(.
We know your a good guy!

But after all I'm Finnish, so I can't race only for fun:D Theres always some competition. That's the way we Finnish people are built, especially in motor racing:D

ahhh, sisu!;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years