Cars Formula 79 by Race Sim Studio

Goin' nuts :D

Showroom_rss_formula_79_24-4-2017-5-5-14.jpg
Showroom_rss_formula_79_24-4-2017-5-8-21.jpg

Nice vid, but just can't take my eyes off that jumpy tach needle
Screenshot_rss_formula_79_toscana_0.31_25-5-117-4-25-42.jpg

Maybe because it still doesn't work on mine :roflmao:

Decided to go with the 79/5 mirror style on mine, but haven't seen a single 79 pic with those like on the video, they're from a 77 actually... strange that they've got the model wrong:

Even on the first pics of that video shows a 79, but then the cockpit seems to be from a 77.

Last edited:
I always thought that these meshes should be two-sided, but they aren't on Kunos cars too (for example 918), is there a problem with transparency priorities ? However it is hardly noticeable issue, so no one cares about it :D

Yeah that's what I think too, but there's reflections to deal with, transparency and normal map all together... I'll give it a try but I remember messing with that before and couldn't get good results (z fighting problems). Not that it would make a big difference like you say, but still interesting to see how far the shaders can be pushed.

So far with eNoZwrite mode it looks good, but the problem is on the DOF. Mesh is 0.5mm apart from each other (inner/outer mesh)
Showroom_rss_formula_79_28-4-2017-6-47-7.jpg
Showroom_rss_formula_79_28-4-2017-6-47-3.jpg
Showroom_rss_formula_79_28-4-2017-6-46-56.jpg
Showroom_rss_formula_79_28-4-2017-6-46-41.jpg

Last edited:
Alpha + DOF never got along good in AC, at least when it's see through like this case. Distance between meshes doesn't makes a difference for that matter, even though 0.5mm seems so little, at 1mm you can see the gap between them when up close.
I'll have to see how it works in game, in movement with replay cameras.

A suggestion for the skin: maybe put something were the NGK logo should be on the side?
I know (almost) everyone will then use a custom skin, but that seems the only detail that pops missing from the original livery layout, other than variants with a Union Jack that are better left alone for this particular use.

A suggestion for the skin: maybe put something were the NGK logo should be on the side?
I know (almost) everyone will then use a custom skin, but that seems the only detail that pops missing from the original livery layout, other than variants with a Union Jack that are better left alone for this particular use.

Yes I'll add that, just gotta make the "Race Sim Studio" lettering smaller and fit the logo in there. I've actually used it on the other skin variant:

Screenshot_rss_formula_79_thomson_29-5-117-15-26-44.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_79_thomson_29-5-117-15-26-22.jpg

Now driver sits well at 0.89 scale and helmet is the right size
Screenshot_rss_formula_79_thomson_29-5-117-15-27-23.jpg

Decided not to add flags, no need to really, since these will be base skins anyone can edit them to their liking later.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back