Cars Formula 79 by Race Sim Studio

Not sure what you expect the RSS team to do about it, they don't build the physics engine...
i'd rather not use samples that get your engine silent when bouncing on bumps, for example eau rouge, or when changing gear on the tornado, goes silent while the physics are acelerating, that feels odd, but it's just what i would prefer to just be true to the physics of the what the car is doing.

engine woble should be done in the physics not just a sample wich at some point sounds fail, like going over a bump and hearing the gear change sample.. every time car bounces

Not sure what you expect the RSS team to do about it, they don't build the physics engine...

Agreed. It's a game design not to do with us or the physics we can touch: the game does not have drivetrain modelling with the audio. As standard for several years and even briefly mentioned with Luca of AC a few years ago, this is a typical route of adding the effect and is an implementation technique in several games not just this one. Not doing this is not an option I will ever consider.

Tornado was a special case as my personal choice that had already been changed for the next version.

I think I bought all their mods when they came out, but today its time to say a special thanks to RSS:
I drove some slow and getting faster rounds at Interlagos and the KI is unbelieveable good! I looked at the other cars, ok, but when I was really slow, the KI cars didn't kick me off, what I had tested with many mods! This is really one of the best mods I found and much fun to drive with KI, also the sounds of the old cars without all the modern **** is great, thank you RSS!!!

0b7e18ecfc3791c57e547f594bbbca30.png

http://racesimstudio.com/black-friday-time

I am just curious how they handle the physics of a car this old. Like do they use some sort of real life data at some point or it is done merely by guessing from top to bottom? May be they made rough comparisons with historic lap times or something in order to see how close they got it... But no, i won't keep asking. I have been exposed to enough sarcasm for today.

I doubt David would pull out a car without solid data, or RSS would even start a project without it. Posts like these can give you a good hint about it:
All this chat is interesting, but again without proper data... see for example, I have 4 setup sheets from the real car in 4 different tracks (from 1978 and 1979 seasons), and according to the gearing, in 5th gear the max speed at 10800 rpm (engine rpm limiter) would be 241, 250, 251, and 262 kmh... so take your own conclusions.

If you look back, at first most complaints were about 3d tyre shape, rain light as brake, and top low speeds on low aero tracks. These were rectified on v2.0.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years