1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula 3000 @ Istanbul, Tuesday 18th June 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F300
    Car: F3000
    Track: Istanbul
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (2 x 30 Minutes Mandatory Pit Stop w/ min 2 tires dhanged)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    3. Kevin McDonald
    4. Valerio Vinassa
    5. Kennett Ylitalo
    6. Nicolas Rouge
    7. Martin Poláček
    8. Mark Greenall
    9. Maxim Pautov
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    utp#100Server is UP!

2. I asked if PrestoGP guys are interested, would be nice to get some action with the pros ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I would love to, but I have signed up for the sciroccos in GTL :( Why are all the nice events on tuesdays

4. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Count me in pls, just love driving round this track
    +

5. Love single-seaters :D I'm definitely in :)

6. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Official Practice[P2] is at 1900GMT which is 9pm your time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Put me in too, missed the whole last season, the tenth.... Time to test if my wheel is up for the season 11...

• Like Like x 3
  9. Count me in pls :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Put me in please :)

11. Sign me up :thumbsup:

12. Sign me up

13. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

will be a nice race 9 drivers until now:)
    ;) 2 tips: 4.6 lit lap and about 17 laps

and this is mine setup for one stint Race

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Seems like we get ten drivers, last season PrestoGP champion graces us with his presence :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I'd like to thank the Presto GP guys for showing at this event. You guys made it a tremendous event. I hope there was no problem with using our rules, etc?

I had a very enjoyable time and with Chris and Martin, we had our own little races at the back and hopefully out of the way of everyone else.

Thanks to all for showing up for this first F3000 club race in quite a while.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Really had fun, first race in 4 months (or more...). Marko won both races, no surprises there. Had good fights with DInca and Vale. Was extra great since i skipped last season, wanted test if my wheel&pedals are up for next season.. Well, few re-inforcements needed here and there but nothing major, no spiking (huh...). Going to first turn with familiar and safety oriented drivers is a treat and just knowing that no ones gonna hit me.

I have to start racing more. I slowed down on 2nd race after i spun trying to keep up with DInca, decided to wait for Dennis but you were too slow tonight (car trouble?). Usually we are pretty close..My laptimes weren't great but not hopeless either, i guess. Only one spin tonight leaves a good feeling.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

After so much WTCC cars and other classes,the F3000 feels verry hard to handle and because i am not doing F3000 every week like i use to,it shows in handleing.Good run Kennett,Vale,Nicolas and of course everyone else not to mention a great double win for Marko "The Bullet" Vuori
    But driving with friends and people i know was the most enjoyable club race i`ve done.
    Thanks Dennis for event and sorry i busted like that on the server without signup,but i usualy do a " Safari" on the server lobby ...:D Later,bye.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Great event I enjoy it. With big surprise i met a bit of PrestoGP drivers and some old good friends:)
    2 nice race full of big fight with Maxim,Kennett Dinca,Nicolas and I saw pass Marko very quickly:D.

Congratulations Marko 2 wins and all participants Thanks Dennis and RD for event:thumbsup:

PS do a Safari LOL :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. Nice event. Thanks for Dennis and RD, and everybody who were driving today.

Qualifying: 1:38.3 (1st)
    Pretty nice lap without too much practicing at Istanbul lately.

Race 1: 1st
    I got an ok start from pole, Dinca and I had a small touch at T1, but no harm to either. I then drove as fast for the whole race as I could, pitting on lap 10 and changing all tyres, but no re-fuelling.

Race 2: 1st
    This race was more tricky than the first one, because I had to start from 8th spot. I had some good fighting with Nicolas, Valerio and Dinca, and finally on lap 5 I was in lead again. I then drove as fast as I could, pitting on lap 10 again, but this time only changing two tyres and no refuelling.

• Like Like x 3