AC Formula 3 @ Zandvoort - Sunday December 6th 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just a quick heads up - it looks like the server is running the 1.0 version of the mod. The latest is 1.1 and I had to revert back in order to join.

See you guys in a bit.

I'm getting checksum error with v1.1, I didn't know the server would be open this early but guess ill wait a bit see if it gets updated

Quick question - is TeamSpeak mandatory? Can I just use the in-game chat app? I don't have a working mic right now, and I'm used to a chat-type interface in rF2. Would that be OK?

Thanks and see you on track tomorrow.
It's not mandatory, but highly reccommended even if you haven't a mic, so you can hear our warnings and cautions. If you don't want to hear people chat, there is always an option to disable all incoming sound.

Nice race today guys! Had a very intense battle against @Bogman throughout the whole race, laptimes within hundredths of each other, also the setup difference made up for some very interesting pace variations between the sectors! Hope we have more battles like this one in the future:thumbsup:.

Really hoping 1.4 brings some netcode fixes, as the new lag-prevention system works well regarding to damage, but it can't get along with the contact model.

Hope to see you all next week!:)

Not a lot of fun to me.
Multiplayer of AC still dissapointing big time.
Start 1 all seemed normal, with one accident I guess...then someone deserved more a restart than me...on Start 2 was my turn to have an accident and that was it. I still finished the race to see how would go, and I think I could keep up with the leaders.
Other than that, nothing particulary exciting.

Thanks for the invite, anyway.

I would love to try some rfactor 2 but there is none in US
I'm coming from rF2...
This was actually my first AC online experience. Now I sort of see why some people have been complaining about the net code. It wasn't bad, but there was clear positioning jitter when I was passing Matheus on the front straight. Enough to make me take it very conservatively into the first corner.

With that said, AC has captured my attention with the 1.3 tire update. It feels very natural to drive. I actually prefer it over rF2. rF2 clearly had additional features that are critical for online racing, but if AC keeps progressing then it should become quite an impressive title. I'm going to stick with AC for now as I''m in search for the most driving enjoyment.

I'm coming from rF2...
This was actually my first AC online experience. Now I sort of see why some people have been complaining about the net code. It wasn't bad, but there was clear positioning jitter when I was passing Matheus on the front straight. Enough to make me take it very conservatively into the first corner.

With that said, AC has captured my attention with the 1.3 tire update. It feels very natural to drive. I actually prefer it over rF2. rF2 clearly had additional features that are critical for online racing, but if AC keeps progressing then it should become quite an impressive title. I'm going to stick with AC for now as I''m in search for the most driving enjoyment.
I would say AC netcode needs two main improvements: positioning and contact model.
First, they got the damage right, rubbing doors was possible! Second, they did some fixes to teleporting damage, but that just let more clear how improvements are needed in the contact model, as we just experienced today with flipped over cars.
It's a slow improvement, yes, but there is a improvement and the driving, as you said is superb. So I'm satisfied with it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back