1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula 3 @ Vanport Short - Thursday March 8th, 2012

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Von Butters, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F3
    Car: Formula 3 download here
    Track: Vanport (short)
    19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:45 GMT: Qualification
    20:00 GMT: Race 1 (25 minutes)
    20:25 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Race 2 (25 minutes)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically. Click the banner below to log in to TS3.

[​IMG]

Entrylist:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    2. Stefan Woudenberg
    3. Driver
    4. Driver
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver

2. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

+1

3. Don't think I'll be home for the first race but I'll try and drop in for the 2nd one

4. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Hopefully see you then with ya racing boots on

5. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Let's have a great race tonight Christopher. :) Other's don't know what they are missing. :)

6. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Why aye, their lose ! They could be racing the greatest soon on the planet today with the best community, but alas, itll just be us. I'd love to be proved wrong however, it would be great too see more racers enjoying this car and track

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I can only join for an hour during practice as I really need to be installed on my couch at 20GMT to watch the football match of my club :D

8. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Maybe handy to include a link to the track also as Vanport is not a default track but an add-on ;)

Server is up btw :)

9. I'll be there for both races now :)

10. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Nice one, I'd I could, I'd do happy dance

11. dam, i thought this was yesterday . too late now ,as i tried to gain access to server but it was closed.:(

12. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

It was a long time ago since I raced on this track and was struggling to go around quickly. Tried to work on my setup which I had from before, but my driving style changed a bit, so the setup wasn't suited for the whole track (only in S1).
    In both races I messed up in the last chicane and 3 times lost my front wing and damaged my left rear suspension badly. Spend more than 300 seconds in the pits for a rear wing replacement.
    With the suspension broken, drove in both races to the finish. :p

Anthony was like a swiss clockwork, unbelievable pace! Well done mate! :)

Thanx for all who came in and stuck till the end. Hopefully see you guys with next events. :)

13. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Race one was a lonely affair, Stephan had a massive crash and headed to the pits for2 laps as did Nils, but Anthony just took of doing2/3 second a lap faster. Still, second can't be grumbled at.

As for race2, someone need to remind me not to all- tab out to check on something, every time I do, the game never restarts.

Personally,i think there is something amiss with my windows install. Force feedback is a bit screwed on all games, the task bar is double the snooze it should be, and I've tried everything to make it normal.
    So, today will be spent getting it reinstalled, what fun!

14. would have loved to race with you guys but I was out of town ...!!!
    I have some similar issues Chris. since my new wheel, FFB drops at least once a session!?

15. I lost my FFB on Tuesday in the 2nd race...but yesterday it was all fine.
    Thanks for the race guys. I really enjoyed Vanport this week and really found the rhythm last night especially in the 2nd race when every lap except 1 was within .8 sec :)
    I've turned up the yaw and look ahead options and I'm getting a much more seat of the pants feel...together with the excellent FFB it's just about ruined all the other sims for me now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.