1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula 3 @ Campo Grande - Tuesday November 29, 2011

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ivo Simons, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F3
    Car: Formula 3 download here
    Track: Campo Grande

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Race 1 (25 minutes)
    21:05 GMT: Qualification
    21:15 GMT: Race 2 (25 minutes)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically. Click the banner below to log in to TS3.

To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    2. Stefan Woudenberg
    3. Dave Begley
    4. Scott Webber
    5. Anthony Levene
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
  2. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Yes please, sign me in for this one
  3. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

20:00 GMT? That's 22:00 here.... a bit too late for me to drive the whole session. Will stick till the end of the first race than I will bail out.
    I've gotta go to work at 5:30 AM and need some rest.
  4. 20.00 is 21.00
  5. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Is it? Oh, than I will be there the whole session. :p
  6. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

Im in for this :)
  7. Sign me up :D

come on guys sign up, we need more folks!
  8. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

4 of us :eek:

This is bad.
  9. If I can get home from work in time I'll join you...
  10. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Pfffffttttt..... only maybe 5? Are you kidding me?

Also the server is not up yet.....
  11. Up now. :)
  12. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Thanx Ivo! :)
  13. we need more drivers, maybe next time Rd does a giveaway Reiza would be so kind and gift a 1 free copy of this game for promotional purposes? :D
  14. sign me in
  15. Noel Spence

Noel Spence
    Premium Member

race one taken out by a varanic no apologies after race , i have to ask him for it , cannot continue missing one wheel , race 2 varanic in lead for a few laps , decides to drop his speed and rejoin pack , he lets me pass , chases me for a few laps and takes me out again , what are you thinking dud, he also continues without waiting , read the rules anthony its in black and white , you must wait after taking someone out , you need to be a little bit less agressive when attacking from behind other wise all fun cheers noel
  16. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

it was a fun nights racing there, with mixed results.
    First race i started from 4th, got a poor startand was right at the back of the fieldbut by the time i exited the first corner, i was back upto 3rd, which is where i spent most of the race, having a few battles with different people.
    I was ready to settle for 3rd untill Webber took himself off track for a little grass cutting, then came spinning back onto the track and took out the guy who was in second, promoting me! (Yeay for me)
    There wasnt much either of them could do about it, its just one of those moments in racing youve got to take.

Which brings me to race two!

After a great 1st race, i was really ready for this one.
    Sitting on the grid, engine roaring, clutch at the perfect biting point, watching for the lights to go out, and then i was left on the grid by everyone, and i was just sitting there wondering why i wasnt moving!
    By the time everyone was at the first corner, i realised id forgotton to put the car into first gear, so for the race i pretty much had to play catch up with everyone, which i didnt do very well!

Still, 4 races with you guys on GSC and ive had every place from 5th to 2nd, and every race has been a joy.
    The banter on TS just keeps getting better!
  17. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Well, what can I say... I had a blast again on track and TS. :D These are real fun nights. :D

Race 1:
    started as 2nd (!!!) which was a surpise as it was the first time I was going below the 1:20 mark. Somehow I feel I finally understand this track and how to drive it. My last race was 2x a dnf (suspension and engine). Anyway, had a brilliant start and could take the lead in the first corner. And to my surpise I was driving away from everyone. My biggest lead was 12 seconds, till I span in the 5th corner. Anthony closed the gap and I was on the chade for him, but he was slowely getting away from me. A few laps later we were lapping Scott on the long straight. After I passed Scott he lost his car and managed to slide on the grass and crossed the hairpin taking out Anthony. I was in the lead again, but 2 laps before the end I span going onto the start/finish straight and got stuck between the wall and barrier loosing my frontwing and damage my suspension. Lost 2 spots and could just stay ahead of Dave for 3rd. From a 12 second lead to a 1 minute chase in 2 laps...pffft... At least a podium and finish. :D

Race 2:
    started as ??? (don't remember exactly...5th? as there was no qualify) And was within a few laps 3rd in a Anthony sandwich. :D Noel was leading as Anthony Vranic let himself drop back. Anthony was mostly within 1 second from me, so had to watch my mirrors carefully. After some time Noel and Anthony touched in the long left hander after the long straight and could pass Noel for 2nd. But at the end of the race my tyres were loosing grip and started making mistakes trying to keep the pace up. But lost a spot and was 3rd. Should have been 4th, but was told not to generous. :D

Anyway, had a great time and went to bed with a smile on my face. Thanx guys!!! :D
  18. wow, don't get me started on Race 1: im sorry Anthony for that wipeout, my car just lost it on a easy corner and i couldn't stop, i downshifted thinking it would help, then i braked which i think made it worse on Grass and BAM i went into you.

i was so sorry for it but i was laughing in my evil mind thinking you must have had a fright for me to come out of nowhere and hit you so hard and cause you to spin, im glad your pc screen didn't meltdown!

Race 2: well the last corner catches the most experienced out, last time we was here me and bram spun it one or twice, and this race was no exception, i spun it and hit the railing, really hard that my wheel came off!

This track is alittle boring for me personally but so damm challenging at the same time, very technical corners... let's try some new?older tracks for F3.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.