Formula 2000 @ Aosta- Sportint Wednesday 04 August 2010

A race event on Aosta- Sportint with the Formula 2000 car.

Keep in mind this event is about fun and respect, winning is secondary.

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM

Simulation: netKar PRO 1.1 click here to purchase online for EUR 19.90

Class: Formula 2000
Track: Aosta- sportint
Practice: 19:00 GMT (20 mins)
Qualification: 19:20 GMT (20 mins)
Race: 19:40 GMT ( 2x15 laps)

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

Special Note: TeamSpeak is strongly advised. Guide to set up TS can be found here!

Drivers:
  1. Bjorn de Haas
  2. Alessandro Gamberini
  3. Alex Ball
  4. Hugo Hekkenberg
  5. Cristoforo Colombo
  6. Daniel Ouff
  7. Freddie Besems
  8. Daniel Pettit
  9. Dave Stephenson
  10. Roberto Floro
  11. Stefano Casillo
  12. driver
  13. driver
  14. driver
  15. driver

I hope not to fly any rules with this request:
Threads like these should be used only to sign up for the race, or can be used also to discuss about the race?
I wonder if you could pass to me a setup for the F2000 in Aosta. I do not want a setup to make the best time or win the race, but some simple indication enough to set the car quickly, that's because I get home this evening at 19:00 and until qualifying I have time only to assemble the steering console and learn the track. In this way I have something less to think.
How much Liters consume the F2000 with a lap at Aosta?
As You suggest to set the gears? and wings?
More tips are welcome.
Please forget me if this request violate any rules, I will learn from my mistakes.

Well, that was a real shame. Qualified 3rd, after 40 minutes of practice-then-quali. Did my PB to get it. Then start the race in 3rd, take 2nd, and do a great lap chasing the leader. Then, race restarted as some people didn't start properly, get put to the back of the grid, and then tangle with slower (no offence!) cars.. out.

What a waste of an hour! - and a real shame as the battle at the front was going to be great.

Bjorn, thx for setting this up.

Have lots of work to catch up.

Proper steering adjustment is one of the most important ones.
Screen setup, i think eyefinity is a bit to much for nkPro. Must drive with FOV 50 percent, above track building to slow. Also with this FOV cars seems to disappear for a while.

Race 1, after restart and a few laps i had to retire. After some collission from behind, from a very fast car. (NP)

Race 2, after a bad start think my wing was off and i drove slowly to the pit for repair. (not pressing ESC otherwise you can skip a round)
Want to finish this race and to enjoy the enviroment etc. and tried to stay out of the way.
For race 2 i detuned my car when i retired in race 1, hoping it would drive more comfortable for me.

Anyway next one i have to play with only one monitor to see whats happening with FOV and if other cars are shown better in race.

I like the practice and qualifiyng but i'm scared to race. Maybe there is some kind of trackmap where cars are visible just like in Race07.

Sorry for beiing a bit offtopic.

Thanks guys for a wonderful evening!
First race I finished second, thanks to Luck, because many of you had an accident and I could go away behind the first.
Race two the noobish inside of me raise out, I had the steering wheel upside down and when the light green appears I engaged reverse instead of first ... I start the race in reverse, I damage someone behind me and the game placed me in the pits ...
I apologize to all that I have injured this evening, I hope to become better week by week.

Last thing, someone have the replay of the evening to send to me? I can't undestand why my client didn't save it.

Thanks again, stay tuned!

Race 1 was a bit of a mess for me as i was a bit distracted by helping people to get on the grid and stalled the car.

Race 2 was much better and a race long battle with Cristoforo was massive fun :)

I think the main reason for the issues we had yesterday is people are used to the rfactor/simbin event layout. Familiarity will make all the difference for future events.

I did have one scare though when i tried to overtake as we went past Freddie. Was all going well till my car slide under breaking for turn 1 while we were 3 wide! (sorry for the scare freddie)

Also apologies to whomever we went past on the last lap through the first chicane, i cut that finer than i would have done but i knew i had only one lap left to get what had become 1st place

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 227 13.9%