1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Formula 1 Mid Season Testing Set to Return

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Jun 11, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. What I thought was most interesting is that Sauber and Marussia voted in favor of it even though it clearly goes against their interest. Evidently there is a clause in their contract with Ferrari that forces them to vote with them.
    Conversely, Toro Rosso did not vote with Red Bull :confused:

3. My ideal mid-season testing would be two days for all before the middle of the season and two days at mid-season for teams that haven't scored any points That would promote the least successful teams, as it is now, it really makes the gaps just larger... The top teams will still get more out of these sessions as they will just polish and tweak the finest details while bottom 4 need more groundwork and larger changes to the entire package. Then again, the finer details can gain you couple of tenths and full package might bring you two seconds and you can't take such risks on F1 at the moment.
    (or just less midseason test days...).

4. I don't think they would want that. The smallest teams want as little testing as possible as they simply can't cope with the costs.

5. Marussia doesn't use Ferrari engines, it uses Cosworth power

6. It doesn't use Ferrari engines yet ;) Cosworth won't be making an engine for 2014.