• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Formula 1 back in Montreal in 2010

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Le_Plouc, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Le_Plouc

Le_Plouc

Ratings:
    +0
    After a one year ''pause'' , the Canadian Grand prix , held In Montreal , Quebec , Canada , will be back at the ''circuit Gilles Villeneuve'' for the 2010 season .

http://www.rds.ca/f1/chroniques/286981.html ( french Link, more details...)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091127/ap_on_sp_au_ra_ne/car_f1_montreal_returns ( english link , if you have a better one , please post...)

I am so glad that we are going to have our race back...and i'm very happy that we held our own against the Mighty Bernie. The 5 year deal we signed is basically the same one we presented to Ecclestone in November 2008 . He wanted 165M$ for 5 years , and we were offering 75M$... Most race teams really wanted a race to be held in North-America , and we all know it wouldn't happen in the USA... The 75M$ in question is in large part taxpayers money , but the economic returns and the huge window that a F1 grand prix opens on Montreal will more than make up for it.

Today , i'm happy!!!
    Francois Laprise

2. Mark Birney

Mark Birney

Ratings:
    +50
    YAY!

3. Richard Kay

Richard Kay

Ratings:
    +4
    :plus1:

4. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +767
    :plus1:

5. Myles Thomas

Myles Thomas

Ratings:
    +6

yay best news out of F1 for a while.

6. Derek Day

Derek Day

Ratings:
    +0
    :woot2: Thank god we have another exciting race, we'll actually get to see overtaking. But if we lose Silverstone thats going to blow!!