rF2 Formula 1 2002 @ Hockenheim 99 - Sun January 17th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grats to Ferry (1) and Daniel (2).

Qual went well but I was on safemode. Still 1.39.9x was enough for pole as Ferry screwed his superpole lap.
Race started initially well, but in the first lap I made a few mistakes.
Started fully loaded and was therefor slower then Daniel and of course slower then Ferry who was already in 3rd after starting in 9th.

Daniel passed and in the draft Ferry was passing too.

I knew my chances for 2nd spot who be available after the pitstop. Unless I screwed and I did.
Braked too late in pits and got a 10 seconds penalty.

Ended 20 seconds behind Daniel but I was still in a good position. Ivo went in and I was 3rd again and closing in on Daniel 1 sec a lap.
In the last 2/3 laps when I was only 2 seconds away from Daniel I made my only real race mistake which was almost fatal. Car jumped over the kerbs and while stepping on throttle the rear started to slide. I drove into the grass and could not avoid the barrier.
Front wing lost and could only drive slowly in the last 2 laps.
Luckily Ferry was close to lap me and saved me for driving another lap.

Still finished 3rd. Although not pleased with my own 2 mistakes, still a nice race.

Pff.. hard race. :)

Q: 3th with 1 second away form my PB. Made to many mistakes in the pole lap. :)

Race:

Launch control really launched me .:D
Got second place and was right on Ramon his tail at the first corner. Daniel passed me again on the straight and had clearly more topspeed.
After that it went terrible i spinned at the third chicane and in the Arena. After that i was hunting down Martin who was 17 seconds in front of me. It took me 25 laps and some spins to close the gap to him. Finally got past him i but spinned again so he passed me again. Last 2 laps i tried to close the gap again and succeed in the arena in the last lap. :D
Made a all or nothing move then the back broke out and i tapped Martin. Sorry for that. And gave him his position back. Ended 5th. :)
Thanks for racing guys. :)

My pace tonight was horrible ^^ miles away from Ferry and Ramon :ooh: but P2 in qualy (1,6sec behind Ramon :7: )

start was horrible ^^ lost one place nearly two but on the straight there helped me my ferrari power to get my p2 back :tongue: I was a little surprised because I came closer to Ramon. Ferry already close behind me. Attacked Ramon into T1 and P1 :tongue: but only short^^. On the straight Ferry in slippstream passed me and Ramon :ooh: I was able to follow Ferry a few laps cause the slippstream :p For my surprise on the straight I came very close to him in a good position but when driving out of the slippstream no chance to get passed :ooh: Was not able to hold the pace and lost the slippstream and then Ferry is gone lol :) Ramon behind me a few seconds but comming closer and closer. Pit Stop was ok. Noticed Ramon had problems. Tryed to drive home P2 but Ramon did clear the faster laptimes comming closer in big steps. Could not go faster ^^. 3 laps to go then he was close behind me but he did a mistake and so I drove home the P2 :D

nice race :) thx RD

Quali was terible made a mistake in quali lap and i was dead last. BUt i knew i had enough changes fore the victory. my topspeed was way higer then most of the people. i was driving almost no wings. So the start came and after the first corner P7 and strait line and there i was on P5 after one chicane P3 then a corner and Ivo tryed to overtake me. lol bye bye no wings is best on this circuit. I drove away from him on the strait. he tryed to overtake and i think he braked a bit to late came close to me and spun. after one lap i was still P3 (stadion part difficult to overtake) second lap first strait i overtook Daniel and Ramon. after that a few not so fast lap. Then i found my speed back and could drive away from Daniel. Pitstop was late in the race so never lost the first place. Finished more then 1 minute on Daniel. probably because i could keep up the pace and even did a pb lap during the race.

First time with this mod: i like it but its not realy special. same as al F1 mods in Rfactor fare from realistic.
drove 5000 laps or more already on this track and i still love it.

Hope next time whe have again a nippon race with more people. But heey when whe do again an F1 race i will be there.

The Nippon mod is indeed a far better mod and best open wheeler after the GTR F1 mod in my opinion. But F1 has more appeal see the sign ups from yesterday.
Hope people give the Nippons a try and don't get fooled by the name. ;)

Hmm that's weird i have better feel with it. In 1.06 you locked up quite easy i remember. And with 1.07 that problem was gone and the feeling was still the same for me. :)
Or do you mean the 2007 version was better?

I think the 2007 release was good, I did lots of races elswhere and they were good, maybe I need to sort out the ffb for it again, I think the settings come with it to cut and paste in plr.

its probably a big part the setup you use. When i started the Mod it wasnt easy to drive it took me more then 3 hours get grip of these cars. But now i know how to play with setup and the mod is good to drive. Still not easy but i dont think thats bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%