1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula 1 07 @ Hockenheim 99 - Monday July 9th 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F1LE
    Car: Formula 1 07 LE
    Track: Hockenheim 99
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (2 x 10 laps)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Penalties & Incident Reporting: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

We encourage all of our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information quickly and easily. It will improve your driving skills dramatically as well as your relationship with your fellow drivers.

When you have signed up for an event we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until one hour prior to the practice session. If you do not then you will be reported as a no-show.

If the event uses a two race format then you are expected to be present for both races. If you leave during or after the first race without prior notice then you will be reported as a no-show.

You can not sign up as a 'maybe'. We will not reserve grid places for people that might be there, we give them to people that will be there.

When qualification starts and not all places are taken, reserves can then enter the server.

Entry List:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Jonas Lex
    2. Dan King
    3. Reik Major
    4. Sean Greenlaw
    5. Kennett Ylitalo
    6. David Turnbull
    7. Valerio Vinassa
    8. Bob Miley
    9. Dino Paolini
    10. Bob Luneski
    11. Chirlie Williams
    12. Alfonso Clark
    13. Nik Hughes
    14. Jamie Calleja
    15. Benjamin Linstruiseur
    16. Jimi Hughes
    17. Nicolai Nicholson
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    utp#46

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sign me up please.

For all the drivers joining this event:
    Like for any other event the racing league PrestoGP has also opened a practise server for this event. ("PrestoGP Hockenheim 1999", no password)
    Thats where you will find many of our experienced and friendly league drivers :)
    So feel free to join us :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Me too please !!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Sign me up please! :)

Once I've made a decent setup for the track I'll post it here. In the meantime you can have a look in this setup thread to find a nice base setup for a similar track. I could imagine starting with a setup from Spa or Monza...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Im in !:thumbsup:

Ive added video of hotlap and setup if anyone wants to try it ( I made this from monzo setup ) :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  6. Didn't know there was a 1999 version of Hockenheimring for Race 07. I have the 1979 version and it is a great track for retro cars. This one seems to be the same, just more modern with proper curbs and such. Love it, very fast track. I also love the current Hockenheim, but this older version is just amazing!

Too bad I can't race. Until August all my Mondays are used to either race in a GT championship, or take the Safety Car for the first lap, and then take part in the live transmission. :(

7. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Would have been cool to have you racing with us Mario! ;) :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 6
  8. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

sign me up please.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

must let my favourite Toyota Celica:) in usually monday race but guy I dont want lost a nice run at Hockenheim 99:D

so sign me in please Yves

• Like Like x 4
  10. sign me up please.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

sign me up pls

• Like Like x 5
  12. Me2Plz

• Like Like x 3
  13. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Very nice lap Sean! :)

I still didn't have the time to get on that beautyfull track but I hope to be able soon.

I just looked at your setup file because of being curious. If you change the line "NumPitstopsSetting=3" to "NumPitstopsSetting=0" you won't get those anoying "pit in!" messages during the race. :)

• Like Like x 5
  14. I have done few laps yesterday on this track and modified my setup from Monza, with few tweaks I guess the rear is much more stable now on the exit of the 2nd chicane.

Nice lap Sean :thumbsup: , i still have 1.5 S to catch you. :p .

I will know by Monday evening (my time) to see if i have enough energy to be able to make it on Tuesday morning if that is ok with the rules of this race?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  15. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Rules say that you can't sign up as a "maybe" but that you can sign out at least until one our before practise starts. So maybe you should do that? Or you don't sign up and ask to jump in short in time before the event? I'm sure there'll be one spot open btu who knows...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks Reik , i beleive i will leave it to the last minute and if there still a spot open then i will ask to join..

I do the same as you Sean [trial and error method] , and on this track i found a lower Diff lock will give you better traction/ less wheel spin out of the second chicane in combination with higher spring value, in my opinion the lowest you can go is 4 and highest is 7 on this track , lower than 4 and the front will refuse to turn in and the car will start to understeer and higher than 7 and the rear will start to loose traction on full acceleration...

I guess Reik is working on his setup so maybe he has different opinion/ solution ?! :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

You're right Anthony. :) I had my first trial and error test last night. Had to do it offline because lobby was down. I forgott to upload the setup. :rolleyes: Will do soon. My Diff lock is something around 10 atm. After your explaination I should try lower settings then... thx mate

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Thanks Anthony will give it a try :thumbsup: i think mine is around same 10.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Here's my first setup. I did a 1:34:8xx in offline qualy. Maybe grip is different there...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.