Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Suspense over.....

Introducing the JCW Class Mini Cooper

Based on the F56 (2016) Edition this "little" mini comes packed full with a 6 speed Sequential gear box, Dunlop racing slick tyres, full Motec Dashboard and for that extra punch, a 2Ltr TwinPowered 255BHP engine is under the hood.

This Little car due to weight and power, produces lap times that worry some Touring Car drivers.

Coming to AC Soon.............

Showroom_jcw_mini_challenge_4-2-2017-21-12-29.jpg

Hi All,

Well I said I would give you an update as and when, so here goes.....LOL

giphy.gif

Ginetta G55 and Supercup
LODS are still being worked on. When we fixed the LODS it broke the shaders, and visa versa
Fixed and optimised the Auto Gearbox
Optimised the Steering Geometry, which has en-hanced the feeling of the car
Rear Window now shows Ginetta across the back as well as nametag
Improved Gear Ratios for both Series
What I cannot do - Is slow down the Ginetta G55 without using unrealistic settings to perfectly match the Porsche and Maserati, I have tried, and I will continue to try...

Seat Leon TCR

Well have had fantastic feedback from @Bozian regarding the first real shake down, and I will quote, as I know he won't mind, and I am pretty chuffed LOL He did also tell me where it wasn't right, which I won't spoil now, as I don't want you to look for this, as he knows, he is the IRL driver at the end of the day, but he said....

I finally had the time to give the Seat a go. Aaaaand it already drives pretty well :)

So since then I have worked on the following:

Introduced Brake Fade
Fixed Steering Ratios
Fixed Steering Geometry
Fixed Suspension to new levels
Realistic Ratios
Realistic Turbo Boost as per RPM as per Tech Specs
Increased Headlights
Headlights now Flash with Button
Sounds are WIP but an improvement
V10 Tyres - Medium and Hard compounds
Added Steering Assist to Car and Setup
Added Brake Power to setup
Adjusted Diff levels due to Tech Specs
Throttle Control
Adjusted Brake Bias - But can be changed in cockpit

Left to do
Cams (All of them)
Rename the whole mod ( as this is now not based on the 2015 Version)
Finish Sounds
Auto Gear Box
AI
Wait for @Bozian approval LOL

Audi TT 2015 Cup

Introduced Brake Fade
Fixed Steering Ratios
Fixed Maximum RPM
Fixed Steering Geometry
Fixed Suspension to new levels
Realistic Ratios and Power Look up Table (Car now bounces 246/247 KPH with full P2P open. IRL, car tops out at 246KPH)
Change Push to Pass Re-Charge ( as IRL they have limited number for times they can do this, but I cannot simulate that in AC, so I have slowed down the Re-charge slightly.
Realistic Turbo Boost as per RPM as per Tech Specs (it was set to 0.8 but IRL is it 0.3)
Increased Headlights
Headlights now Flash with Button
Dashboard flashes and lights up with headlights
Sounds are done
V10 Tyres - Soft compound at the moment, might move to Medium, waiting for feedback from a team
Added Steering Assist to Car and Setup
Added Brake Power to setup
Adjusted Diff levels due to Tech Specs
Throttle Control
Brake Bias

Left to do
Cams (All of them)
Auto Gear Box
AI

Well like I said, I would give you an update as and when, and this is where I am at.

Again, thanks for your support and following the progression

Regards

Shaun

@Jriv012 sorry mate, but it has already been guessed, as in what car. It's part of the UK MIni Challenge, as guessed, I was just wondering if anybody could guess the class, as there is 4 of them.

JCW
Cooper Pro
Cooper AM
Open Class

The "Kink" in the roof is a total give away, if you know this UK, Grass Roots Series :D

Shaun

Don't matter Shaun; I know it will be great anyway; I am already a happy follower of your Ginettas; will patiently wait for this one too.

Cheers!

Hi All,

Well I said I would give you an update as and when, so here goes.....LOL

Seat Leon TCR

Well have had fantastic feedback from @Bozian regarding the first real shake down, and I will quote, as I know he won't mind, and I am pretty chuffed LOL He did also tell me where it wasn't right, which I won't spoil now, as I don't want you to look for this, as he knows, he is the IRL driver at the end of the day, but he said....

Shaun

One thing about Tommy's Seat in AC is that the AI had terrible behavior, me ignorant have no idea how this relates to a mod specifically versus the core build, but these guys would line up like ducklings at end of turn 1 in many tracks and just stay there, perhaps modded tracks, making a decent car unusable offline; if you think it help if I tried to produce the problem again and find tracks (I remember PR short was one) let me know; I still have the car installed.

Thks.

One thing about Tommy's Seat in AC is that the AI had terrible behavior, me ignorant have no idea how this relates to a mod specifically versus the core build, but these guys would line up like ducklings at end of turn 1 in many tracks and just stay there, perhaps modded tracks, making a decent car unusable offline; if you think it help if I tried to produce the problem again and find tracks (I remember PR short was one) let me know; I still have the car installed.

Thks.
Hi There,

If you look at the left to do list for the Seat :thumbsup:

Left to do
Cams (All of them)
Finish Sounds
Auto Gear Box
AI
Wait for @Bozian approval LOL

As what you describe can be two things. Either a naff Fast-Lane AI for the circuit or the AI file (gearing, LOOKAHEAD) settings, but I always test the AI on Official or Mod tracks that I know that work.

Hope this explains things

Shaun

That's the TT Cup mod from a while ago, right?
Are you adressing the model flaws, too? I pointed out quite a bunch of them back then but it was ignored sadly.
The skin needs some AO, btw :p

Looking forward to all of them, but especially that BMW Mini!

That's the TT Cup mod from a while ago, right?
Are you adressing the model flaws, too? I pointed out quite a bunch of them back then but it was ignored sadly.
The skin needs some AO, btw :p

Looking forward to all of them, but especially that BMW Mini!
Hi Nighteye,

I "really" didn't want to touch the Model itself, but would be interested in what you said, or can I find it here somewhere?

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back