Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hay Chaps

Look what dropped in my inbox this morning :confused::cool:

22539921_1957466674525701_678863077484819086_n.jpg

Just wanted to share this. When I was at Brands Hatch, I met up with a Dave Bell (you might have seen videos of his 8yr old sim driving) and he gave me this. Its a full sticker of Dan Kirby's car. I was well chuffed.

As it's a sticker, it's pretty dam permanent so I wanted to frame it.

I have finally done it LOL
sticker_1.JPG

sticker_2.JPG

Last edited:
Just wanted to share this. When I was at Brands Hatch, I met up with a Dave Bell (you might have seen videos of his 8yr old sim driving) and he gave me this. Its a full sticker of Dan Kirby's car. I was well chuffed.

As it's a sticker, it's pretty dam permanent so I wanted to frame it.

I have finally done it LOL
View attachment 217959
View attachment 217961
Were you in Ginettas before starting this mod? I would be after starting this mod:cool:

Were you in Ginettas before starting this mod? I would be after starting this mod:cool:
Physically no...I wish, but I have followed them for years, since there inclusion in to the TOCA package as you spot a lot of talent and the racing is always fantastic, and especially the AM class, where they are mostly hobbyists, like us, but a hell of a lot more expensive as you can imagine.

Maybe, maybe one day, Dan Kirby will get a passenger seat fitted :D

I suppose I could start a crowd funding, but I would need.....

90K+ for the car
??K for mechanics
??K for tyres
15K just to enter the season
??K for testing.........

I think would stretch the donations page a little :roflmao:

Physically no...I wish, but I have followed them for years, since there inclusion in to the TOCA package as you spot a lot of talent and the racing is always fantastic, and especially the AM class, where they are mostly hobbyists, like us, but a hell of a lot more expensive as you can imagine.

Maybe, maybe one day, Dan Kirby will get a passenger seat fitted :D

I suppose I could start a crowd funding, but I would need.....

90K+ for the car
??K for mechanics
??K for tyres
15K just to enter the season
??K for testing.........

I think would stretch the donations page a little :roflmao:
Give it a couple of decades and you are in that sort of region:roflmao:

In relation to the above, I can now say. iZone Driver performance based @ Silverstone and is Europe's leading simulator and driver training facility have been using the old, very old version of my Ginetta.

I just mentioned to them, that there will be new improved version, where I have worked directly with teams and drivers and would they be interested in this. I also mentioned that I am working on the Seat Leon TCR, again working with a team and driver, which might be worth while, due to the TCR Series coming to the UK next year.

I have been invited along to iZone to test out my mods on their simulator as these might be used for future driver training / aid's and also for existing drivers just wanting some track / testing time without the expense of real testing, as this costs £1,000+ per day (real track time)

They have the Pro Assetto Corsa License.

So like I said, what started as a dream, might come true.......but without the truly amazing team behind me, and also you lot (the community) non of this would of been possible, so although very small, and worth a lot more...
thankyou.jpg

Shaun

As some of you know, there is two versions of the Seat Leon, DSG and TCR. Now AC does not support a dual clutch gear box, so I have to go TCR
What do you mean by that? There's plenty of cars with dual clutch transmissions in AC. What specifically does AC not support that would make a difference for this mod?

He advised me, that the Seat Leon Eurocup, doesn't actually exist, here is what he said.

There is no such car as a seq Eurocup. All seq are TCR. Dsg are in both but are exactly same car since 2016

The SEAT Leon Cup Racer (which the original 2014 mod is) which is driven in the SEAT Eurocup is older than the TCR. The car had a sequential transmission available as option.

In relation to the above, I can now say. iZone Driver performance based @ Silverstone and is Europe's leading simulator and driver training facility have been using the old, very old version of my Ginetta.

I just mentioned to them, that there will be new improved version, where I have worked directly with teams and drivers and would they be interested in this. I also mentioned that I am working on the Seat Leon TCR, again working with a team and driver, which might be worth while, due to the TCR Series coming to the UK next year.

I have been invited along to iZone to test out my mods on their simulator as these might be used for future driver training / aid's and also for existing drivers just wanting some track / testing time without the expense of real testing, as this costs £1,000+ per day (real track time)

They have the Pro Assetto Corsa License.

So like I said, what started as a dream, might come true.......but without the truly amazing team behind me, and also you lot (the community) non of this would of been possible, so although very small, and worth a lot more...
thankyou.jpg

Shaun

Congratulations :)

Last edited:
@Epistolarius, sorry yes you are correct, I got confused over Drop Gear. The TCR version I am doing, and working with the driver / team is Seq gearbox so this is what it will be based on.

We have already done the modelling changes (larger rear bumper, twin exhausts, more flared wheel arches) and I have already added the power/torque levels, increased the RPM, in putted the correct gearing ratios, change the cars Inertia, and also the weight distribution, COG.

@Epistolarius, sorry yes you are correct, I got confused over Drop Gear. The TCR version I am doing, and working with the driver / team is Seq gearbox so this is what it will be based on.

We have already done the modelling changes (larger rear bumper, twin exhausts, more flared wheel arches) and I have already added the power/torque levels, increased the RPM, in putted the correct gearing ratios, change the cars Inertia, and also the weight distribution, COG.
No worries.

Very much liking that you do the TCR car, I'd love to see these cars in Assetto Corsa. Perhaps just leave the Cup version up on RD? It works, and the more good mod cars the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back