Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Shaun Clarke

In my opinion it would be nice to see the GT4 with a Kuno BOP please buddy. Let's get that GT4 field built up nice and big :)

Oh and a Ginetta Junior you say? AWESOME!
I am multi-tasking. The GT4 is almost complete, just waiting for the model additions that I spoke to you about :thumbsup:.

So instead of sitting here.....

observing.gif

I thought I would make progress with something else :roflmao:

Hi all,

Now I know some of you are screaming "Where is the GT4 version" well, I have it, but I have a predicament.

Due to the way British GT works, the Ginetta GT4 team get a different BOP at every race, yes every race. They have a dis-advantage from the off. I spoke to Aaran of Team Hard (who runs GT4's) and when I said what I was going to do (Match the Porsche and Maserati) he said two words......good luck and then went on to explain why :(

If it is a tight, small twisty track, the Ginetta GT4 is competitive, but as soon as you add in a straight, then it's good night Mr Bond and as you know most GT tracks have very long straights.

So I ask you all.
  1. I can make this "realistic" but it will NOT be competitive against the Porsche or the Maserati?
  2. I can "BEND" 1 or 2 bits of small information, that I don't think you would notice to make this competitive against the above and will be lots of fun?
Now as you know I always seek as close as in realism as possible as well, that is one reason we are here, but the other reason is to have fun.

So, the Community.....what would you like

Regards

Shaun
There's a Ginetta team at the top of the points table of British GT right now, by quite a margin, don't know if I really believe the not competitive/bad BoP argument to be honest.

Personally I always would like cars to get implemented realistically and not with 'virtual BoP' applied in the mod to align it with other cars - provided there are BoP tools in the sim, which we have. If one car has certain advantages/disadvantages I'd like to see that replicated in the sim. Another point to that is that the Cayman and GT MC aren't 100% equal either and I don't think this Kunos BoP really exists - and you'll never get the whole field 100% together because BoP needs to be different from track to track.

But then again, it's supposed to be a balanced class with constantly changing BoP in the first place, so however you implement it wouldn't be "wrong". If you can match it to the other GT4 somewhat realistically without changing the character of the car then in the name of fun just do it, I guess.

Hi Epistolarius

It was always going to be in in the nature of "fun" as you said. There is no point in having a car either struggle or run away, so this is what I was aiming for. Now the Ginetta is well known for it's braking and cornering and carrying speed through these corners, but lacks the straight line speed.

If I was going to go "total realism" this puts the Ginetta at a dis-advantage straight away, as it is limited to 61% throttle. Now I have tried this in AC, but it barely gets above 130mph (slower than the Supercup) even at Monza (my choice of speed test track)

The changes I am making will NOT change the characterises of the car at all. It will handle, corner, brake like they should, but will have slightly more power, and no throttle restriction so that MAS and Porsche do pull away in a straight line, but have to break earlier, so it then turns in to a game of "cat and mouse" which, I am hoping to bring the fun element.

For example if in a league or race, you choose the Ginetta and you have a circuit like Valluga or Barbagello, a close tight circuit you know you will have a good car, but go to Spa, Monza, you know you will have to be tactical and think about how you will drive against the other GT4's.

I am not aiming, nor never would aim to bring in a supercar as this just would not be fun.

What I want to do, is give people another option, but, also make them think as well.

Hope this clears things up.

Shaun

Well,

I am sorry and sad to say, I bear bad news :(. The beautiful "swan neck wing" of the Ginetta GT3 was long ago history, I am talking 2015/2016 history.

GOOD NEWS

I am now working with Nathan Frecke who is team principal for http://www.centurymotorsport.com/ and if you look through their website, I would say they are Ginetta Experts as they run cars from the G40 Juniors right up to the G57 :thumbsup:

Shaun

I thought I would share this with you all.

Aaron Stroud, who is Team Boss and Driver of the Ginetta GT4 for Team Hard. He finally got to have a crack at Racehub at Brands Hatch, and has kindly given me he feedback.

So it started with him saying, tested your mod @ Brands Hatch, so obvously I asked. What did you think?

Pretty damn close. Tyre are a little slow.to come upto temp and the rear brake bias is a little to much but i only had a quick go on standard.

I struggled at first couldnt complete a lap without spinning. After two laps i swapped to.a.different set of pedals (Drivers Excuse No:25) which made a huge difference. Cars lively, picks up well, got good moment on the brakes. Impressed i gotta say. So much so race hub are gonna shut up shop one night and we're gonna bring some.of our ginetta drivers down
1f642.png

Interested to see and hear what our drivers say but best sim i've used

So well done to the WHOLE TEAM ON THIS !!!!!!

Shaun

Aaron Stroud, who is Team Boss and Driver of the Ginetta GT4 for Team Hard. He finally got to have a crack at Racehub at Brands Hatch, and has kindly given me he feedback.

So it started with him saying, tested your mod @ Brands Hatch, so obvously I asked. What did you think?

Shaun

ahahaah "drivers excuse n.25" .... There are at least other 24 excuses ... :D :D

Shaun
That's really cool.

Evening all,

I have some good news and I have some bad news, depending on how you look at it.

I have been talking to a driver / team in the background and I can now confirm the following.

The Seat Leon Eurocup mod has now ended, time to move on....

This will now be called the Seat Leon TCR 2018.

Yes you heard me correctly.

I have been in talks with Carl Swift supported by Owen Fabrication and Area who will be driving this car in the TCR Series in the UK in 2018.

As some of you know, there is two versions of the Seat Leon, DSG and TCR. Now AC does not support a dual clutch gear box, so I have to go TCR, which means full TCR specs which is cool as Carl will be driving a SEQ TCR version in 2018.

He has agreed to share information, photos you name it

As the driver and a very knowledgeable person, and also using his own company to sponsor him, he is providing all the information I need to bring this to Assetto Corsa.

He advised me, that the Seat Leon Eurocup, doesn't actually exist, here is what he said.
There is no such car as a seq Eurocup. All seq are TCR. Dsg are in both but are exactly same car since 2016

So with the up and coming TCR series in the UK, this is the perfect time and opportunity to introduce this.

Will other models follow, well not from us, sorry to disappoint, but if others want to create, then I can help with gaining information.

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 298 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years