Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
work in progress:
aBoPoGu.jpg

oqhJoNy.jpg

Firstly - THIS IS WIP. I know some don't show the "crap" parts but I do like to share with you all the progress we are making as apart from the fantastic team I have helping me, this is also a Community project.

So I would like to introduce you, to my Family.

You all know her, she is the Ginetta Supercup 2017 Specs
Screenshot_ginetta_supercup2017_rhd_ks_brands_hatch_29-9-117-21-42-16.jpg

Here is a new addition. She is the 2017 Spec Ginetta GT4 that competes in the British GT with 2017 Specs, including lower rear wing as well as other changes.
Screenshot_ginetta_supercup2017_rhd_ks_brands_hatch_29-9-117-21-42-31.jpg

And my newest Family member the Ginetta G55 GT3. VERY WIP
Screenshot_ginetta_supercup2017_rhd_ks_brands_hatch_29-9-117-21-43-4.jpg

Hi all,

Now I know some of you are screaming "Where is the GT4 version" well, I have it, but I have a predicament.

Due to the way British GT works, the Ginetta GT4 team get a different BOP at every race, yes every race. They have a dis-advantage from the off. I spoke to Aaran of Team Hard (who runs GT4's) and when I said what I was going to do (Match the Porsche and Maserati) he said two words......good luck and then went on to explain why :(

If it is a tight, small twisty track, the Ginetta GT4 is competitive, but as soon as you add in a straight, then it's good night Mr Bond and as you know most GT tracks have very long straights.

So I ask you all.
  1. I can make this "realistic" but it will NOT be competitive against the Porsche or the Maserati?
  2. I can "BEND" 1 or 2 bits of small information, that I don't think you would notice to make this competitive against the above and will be lots of fun?
Now as you know I always seek as close as in realism as possible as well, that is one reason we are here, but the other reason is to have fun.

So, the Community.....what would you like

Regards

Shaun

Hi all,

Now I know some of you are screaming "Where is the GT4 version" well, I have it, but I have a predicament.

Due to the way British GT works, the Ginetta GT4 team get a different BOP at every race, yes every race. They have a dis-advantage from the off. I spoke to Aaran of Team Hard (who runs GT4's) and when I said what I was going to do (Match the Porsche and Maserati) he said two words......good luck and then went on to explain why :(

If it is a tight, small twisty track, the Ginetta GT4 is competitive, but as soon as you add in a straight, then it's good night Mr Bond and as you know most GT tracks have very long straights.

So I ask you all.
  1. I can make this "realistic" but it will NOT be competitive against the Porsche or the Maserati?
  2. I can "BEND" 1 or 2 bits of small information, that I don't think you would notice to make this competitive against the above and will be lots of fun?
Now as you know I always seek as close as in realism as possible as well, that is one reason we are here, but the other reason is to have fun.

So, the Community.....what would you like

Regards

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Would you consider doing both with a version that's competitive with the other GT4 cars as an S1? That would give us the best of both worlds (an accurate version and one we can race against a field of GT4s).

PS. Eagerly awaiting the recently announced GT3 version :D

Hi Shaun,

Would you consider doing both with a version that's competitive with the other GT4 cars as an S1? That would give us the best of both worlds (an accurate version and one we can race against a field of GT4s).

PS. Eagerly awaiting the recently announced GT3 version :D

So let me get this correct. You would like :

1. A realistic version that is not competitive to any other GT4 in Kunos, so a single series as such (Cough Supercup)
  2. A version that is competitive to the GT4 cars in Kunos.....

If that is correct, we would end up having the following:
2 x Supercup
4 x GT4
2 x GT3
2 x G40 Juniors
2 x G57's?

12 Ginetta's in total....a bit over kill?

So let me get this correct. You would like :

1. A realistic version that is not competitive to any other GT4 in Kunos, so a single series as such (Cough Supercup)
  2. A version that is competitive to the GT4 cars in Kunos.....

If that is correct, we would end up having the following:
2 x Supercup
4 x GT4
2 x GT3
2 x G40 Juniors
2 x G57's?

12 Ginetta's in total....a bit over kill?

Sorry, didn't know that the Juniors and G57 are in the works too.

which Porsche? the gt4 clubsport is not even a gt4 spec car, the maserati yes, one has ABS, TC, the other not, they might look close in laptimes but not sure if on the same electronic aids conditions

YES and NO.
YES the Cayman in AC is not a pure FIA/SRO GT4 spec car but NO the SRO GT4 class has no strict rules on ABS. GT4 is balanced very differently than GT3 is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back