Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all know me by now, and my OCD levels with the Ginetta, I have even tested the patience of @After_Midnight @FedericoF and @Wack but they have stuck with me, thank god...and the last updates are complete.

@Wack has added the ability to add your own number to the windscreen, and this is also viewable from the inside, and also the name on the rear window, is now showing internally as well.

windscreen_name_internal.jpg
windscreen_number_1.jpg
windscreen_number_2.jpg

Both me and James Wilson White suffer from CRPS it is a horrid condition and not known by a lot of people it can and does cause 24/7 pain and numerous different thing Burning Nights was asked by me and James to provided decals for Dan Kirkby's car and at the last round these graphics will be on his car and on his truck!!
I would like to thank Dan and Shaun on Burning nights behalf this is a most genourous gift and both myself and James Will be at brands hatch to watch Dan and aww the logos on his car

There is a video, you might have seen it of an 8 Year old driving RF2 Clio.

I am friends with his dad, so I sent him my latest version of the Ginetta. He only had a few laps when he got home from school, but his dad Dave Bell, uploaded this.

Now from Dave Bell, who is a real racing driver but in a different series and his son James, this was his comments, as he snuck in a few cheeky laps before his son came home LOL

In the words of an 8 year old "it's alright" I've had to push him a little more on specifics, lol
He likes the brakes, doesn't lock up too easily but still under control when one wheel locks up.

Dave's Comments - One thing I noticed compared to other cars/sims is that this will lock the wheel that is lightest. Other sims just seem to default to "**** it,,, he's pressed the pedal too hard I'm locking both of the fronts"! The tyre temp is very realistic in physics but may takes too long to come up to temp. But once at temp just the right realistic level of grip, It's a joy to drive mate

Just thought I would share this

Shaun

wow ... James !!!!!!! woooooooooooooo
I know 8yrs old, this kid has some serious talent. If you read his story. His Dad entered in some online competitions (IRacing and AC) and all he got was abuse, as people didn't believe his age.

He dropped AC, as he could not get mods to work, so in I stepped and helped them out.

So if you see this young boy racing online, he is good, he is bloody quick...and yes he is 8 years old, so please just encourage him !!!!

...checks time.. nope, still no Ginetta... :p
It's coming mate. With the new Kunos update, we wanted to add these features in where we can, so we are aiming for the 2nd October.

We also had some livery issues in obtaining real logos, but apart from one now, these are all sorted. It was all the small things that held us back

I will say, the 2nd of October is all my fault. I am attending Brands Hatch with Dan Kirby Racing (Ginetta go figure LOL) for the last race of the season, which is 30th Sep / 1st October, so I didn't want to release on a weekend when I am not around, so this is why. Sorry

Due to things that I cannot do for the Ginetta, like I always said I would, what I have learnt from the Ginetta, I would revisit the Seat Leon Eurocup that I did, so while waiting, I have been updating the Seat Leon Eurocup, and I will say this, I have fallen in love again. There is still work to do, obviously. I really hope a certain person gives me permission to use these sounds, as you see / hear, they fit it like I have never heard before.

I cannot sit hear twiddling my thumbs, so I thought..why not.

Suspension has changed
Steering has been tuned / modified
Sounds Improved 1000000000% (waiting for permission)
Textures updated
Fixed Dashboard
Lightest Real Wheel Locks on Braking (see video for example)

Still lots to do, but progress

Due to things that I cannot do for the Ginetta, like I always said I would, what I have learnt from the Ginetta, I would revisit the Seat Leon Eurocup that I did, so while waiting, I have been updating the Seat Leon Eurocup, and I will say this, I have fallen in love again. There is still work to do, obviously. I really hope a certain person gives me permission to use these sounds, as you see / hear, they fit it like I have never heard before.

I cannot sit hear twiddling my thumbs, so I thought..why not.

Suspension has changed
Steering has been tuned / modified
Sounds Improved 1000000000% (waiting for permission)
Textures updated
Fixed Dashboard
Lightest Real Wheel Locks on Braking (see video for example)

Still lots to do, but progress
And still in love :inlove:

Awesome news Shaun, we have just finished a series using the Leon Eurocup, and had great feedback from all who participated.

Looking to do the next one with the new Ginetta, and then will probably have to go back to the Leon :)

Just wanted to say thanks for your great work (and to those who contributed).

Oh and have fun at Brands Hatch - I was at Donnington and Silverstone. Really hope Ash wins, I used to race with him occasionally on iRacing :)

Awesome news Shaun, we have just finished a series using the Leon Eurocup, and had great feedback from all who participated.

Looking to do the next one with the new Ginetta, and then will probably have to go back to the Leon :)

Just wanted to say thanks for your great work (and to those who contributed).

Oh and have fun at Brands Hatch - I was at Donnington and Silverstone. Really hope Ash wins, I used to race with him occasionally on iRacing :)

Cheers, and I hope Ash wins as well tbh. LIke last weekend when Turks moaned and Ash was but to back of grid, and then Turks suffered that shunt....I typed on our BTCC chat...Karma :roflmao:

If anybody is at Brands Hatch, please come down to the Lower Paddock, Dan Kirby's Garage and come and say Hello :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back