Ford V8s and 4pot @ Autodromo Saponaro - Thu 28th June 2012

event74.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65: Lotus Cortina, Ford Mustang, Ford Falcon
Track: Autodromo Saponaro ( download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 10 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 10 laps)

Note 1: Default Skins Only ( Default list ).
Note 2: Free car choices for both races
Note 3: We will run the normal layout for both races, not the reverse.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Ian Strom
  3. Stuart Thomson
  4. Rupe Wilson
  5. Senad Subasic
  6. Carlos Diaz
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

You sure know how to pick them Knut:thumbsup:
This was a crazy awesome event, hell of a shame more couldn't participate.

Race 1) I was very surprised to find myself in second place in lap one considering the lap times in practice and qualy. I was even more surprised to be able to hold on to second for the entire thing:confused:. I'm sorry to Rupe and Roland for being a moving road block:roflmao:.
Grats to Thommo for the win:notworthy:

Race 2) Roles are flipped and now I'm the one in the more nimble car and Roland is in the Stang. Race long battle. I would catch him in the twisty stuff and loose him in the straight stuff (race one was the exact opposite with me in the Falcon and him in the Tina). I did bump him once, sorry for that sir. I saw that sometimes I could pass him on the inside of the last, long, banked, right hander. If I could pass him carrying enough speed, I could cross the finish line first, right before he passed me again on the long straight. He noticed that though, and started to take the inside of the banked right, leaving me no chance to do that in the last lap. I got extremely lucky though, and the Stang's tires were a bit too worn by the last lap and Roland goes wide. I sneak past and steal 3rd.

I had SO MUCH FUN trying to get past Roland:)

Thanks for throwing this up Knut.
Thanks to all that showed up.

A spot on summary of a great race night there, Carlos. FUN being the operative word here. In Race 1 the more easygoing Cortina gave me an opportunity to get to know the track better, to the point where I could indeed catch up with you near the end. No tire issues for me there..
From looking at you guys' Q2 times, I feared I'd be in for a lonely one in Race 2, but no such thing, as I got my Stang off the line rather well, and with the long long run towards T1 I even grabbed the lead for a short while, until the next twisty section:laugh: . I planned to give it everything I could to be able to keep up with the Cortina boys for at least a first few laps, figuring me and Ian would be left behind by then anyways.. which worked very well, to the point were my Stang was too wide for Carlos to find a way past in the twisty section, and it had too much grunt on the straights.. So we had an almost race-long battle where Carlos eventually came out on top through the final corner ( I blamed my tires but it might very well just have been my own mistake:whistling:) and secured 3rd. Well done mate, you sure enough worked hard to get it!!

Another top event Knut! All of you who didn't make it certainly missed out..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%