Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

Forgot I had this thread :laugh:

Got the S2 wheels done today (had day off :rolleyes:), I'd forgotten I'd done some physics work on this semi-recently, it drives much better than my memory suggested. Seriously good fun :thumbsup:

Does a 2:17 ish at Barcelona (in my hands), not bad for a van!

4JfdYXOh.jpg

Sq5wEcWh.jpg

Good progress today - got most of the bodywork unwrapped and baked - pretty much the whole reason the project came to a halt in the first place, so nice to finally do it!

Still need to tidy up the bumpers and do them too, but otherwise that's the majority of the exterior done.

These are supposed to beall the factory colours (that I know of), they need a bit of tweaking, but you get the picture :D

2MkLvhjh.jpg

LXbmnnGh.jpg

I4qfqsEh.jpg

vdksXDhh.jpg

8Rysu6Xh.jpg

Looks great, I foresee some fun club race nights!
Bring on the templates, this thing will be fun to paint!

Is it possible to have the template available to create racing skins or whatever?

Yes, definitely part of the plan! Right now the templates are not done, since I'm still using symmetry at this point until the exterior mesh is completely finished.
Then once I collapse the symmetry and mirror the uvmap the template will need optimising to make best use of the space available.

Then I'll release the templates to skinners can get creating!

Also, I'm thinking of doing a different number plate for each of the (8 or 9 i think) factory colours, since only the Moondust Silver one is EO05WJL!

If anyone wants to suggest a plate, let me know - though I'll be sticking to the current UK format to keep some authenticity :D

Yes, definitely part of the plan! Right now the templates are not done, since I'm still using symmetry at this point until the exterior mesh is completely finished.
Then once I collapse the symmetry and mirror the uvmap the template will need optimising to make best use of the space available.

Then I'll release the templates to skinners can get creating!

Also, I'm thinking of doing a different number plate for each of the (8 or 9 i think) factory colours, since only the Moondust Silver one is EO05WJL!

If anyone wants to suggest a plate, let me know - though I'll be sticking to the current UK format to keep some authenticity :D
Make the plate use a normal map so that pressed euro plates look right. Probably better to have it use its own small texture and not as part of the main texture.

Superb looks. You have developed a decent modeling skills by now, and very nice shaders. You should release something finally, for example Dallara :D

I know I'm desperate to, its been sat waiting for a few weeks now! But Modek wants to finish his SFX before release and obviously he's doing out of his own free time, so I have to have a little patience!

Not sure how long it'll be, I've not been able to catch up with him recently but hopefully not long now!

Still plenty to do on the exterior - finish bumpers/texture, get headlights/taillights done properly, tyres, small textures (badges etc), wipers... Then I've got the whole interior to do :confused:

Its good fun though, enjoying it far more this time around than when I started - just that little bit more experience really helps.

Still plenty to do on the exterior - finish bumpers/texture, get headlights/taillights done properly, tyres, small textures (badges etc), wipers... Then I've got the whole interior to do :confused:

Its good fun though, enjoying it far more this time around than when I started - just that little bit more experience really helps.
Its really good seeing you working on it again! :)

Bumpers remodelled to standard, and then unwrapped and textured. Wipers/windscreen scuttle panel and then lights are next in line I think.
Shader values will need some tweaking, a bit shiny ATM.

Old:
5LW5oQVh.jpg

IWSOKyRh.jpg

New:
HFD6ibUh.jpg

zt1mpdRh.jpg

For the S2 version I'll probably be making the bumpers body coloured (or at least optionally) - here's how they might look (obviously not all dark plastic will be colour coded, just a mock up in the kseditor):

goQUj9vh.jpg

Zbu9DK5h.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back