Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

S3 version sorted, Guy Martins 692bhp Ford Transit. Built for the Nevada Open Road Challenge
7ecdc7b0-6522-429e-9570-27880adf9d9e.jpg

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/speed-with-guy-martin/on-demand/62955-001

S3 version sorted, Guy Martins 692bhp Ford Transit. Built for the Nevada Open Road Challenge

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/speed-with-guy-martin/on-demand/62955-001

I watched the programme yesterday, was very cool - especially seeing that simulator company with all that lovely Transit data (what I would give to get my hands on it...).

Funnily enough, I've been working on the S3 Transit this evening, will be quite different from this one - similar power, a load of downforce. Should compete with the GT3 field quite nicely once BOP'd. Its got about the same DF, much more drag (so less efficient), so will need some more power to compete.

Did a bit of testing to see where I was with my number relative to the others, turns out miles off! This is them after making adjustments, pretty happy but plenty to be done still (red target numbers were a rough approximation, actual values were miles off before, now very close).

46cJg5w.jpg

have you worked anymore on the project? :)

Haven't done much modelling I'm afraid, though I have been tuning the tyres and some other physics tweaks. The aim was just to introduce V10 tyres (which are a minor change in terms of new values to input), but ended up spent some time on pretty much all the other values which I had glossed over before, as I gain more understanding.

I think it drives better than ever. Just need to get the modelling finished... :whistling: easier said than done, I know! Looking to get going again on the interior ASAP!

What do you think about creating a Ford Transit Trophy mod?

http://www.youtube.com/user/FordTransitTrophy/videos

Probably not - those are FWD, mine is RWD.

I'will have S2 and S3 models though.

S2 will be an engine swap; so very powerful N/A V8, the rest of the van is largely untouched. Hilarious to drive.

S3 is not far off GT3 car pace - Its a completely custom chassis build for racing. Has a lot of downforce, a lot of power, slick tyres, the lot. Much faster and wilder than those Trophy vans ;)

Probably not - those are FWD, mine is RWD.

I'will have S2 and S3 models though.

S2 will be an engine swap; so very powerful N/A V8, the rest of the van is largely untouched. Hilarious to drive.

S3 is not far off GT3 car pace - Its a completely custom chassis build for racing. Has a lot of downforce, a lot of power, slick tyres, the lot. Much faster and wilder than those Trophy vans ;)

FWD? :confused:

I didn't know. :mad:

Forgotting it... :roflmao:

any more work been done lately? i cant wait for the release in 2025! (im just kidding, arent i funny?)
'Fraid not - been working solely on my other car, which I'm looking to release ASAP.

I'm really excited and eager to get going on this again though - thanks to the stuff I've learned on the Dallara (mainly the whole texturing process). Because the exterior of the Transit is mostly finished, that'll be the first thing I tackle after the Dallara is released - the Transit should be very very simple to unwrap too! Can't wait to get some iconic liveries on that thing!

Pics to prove it still is alive and well on my hard drive! :roflmao:

0BWoPq9h.jpg

nZWIO07h.jpg

I am very happy to know, that you haven't abandoned this.

I got a couple of versions, that I want to dress it up with.
Company cars.jpg

I would also like to ask, how you would feel about doing a low poly version, that we could use to populate scenery with?.

In this case it is CHGP Bellahøj Park, but CHGP Fælledparken, that I am in the planning/gathering information stage on, could also use a couple of them. And why not Niseeringen also?

You are doing inspirering work.

Happy modding

I am very happy to know, that you haven't abandoned this.

I got a couple of versions, that I want to dress it up with.
View attachment 168990

I would also like to ask, how you would feel about doing a low poly version, that we could use to populate scenery with?.

In this case it is CHGP Bellahøj Park, but CHGP Fælledparken, that I am in the planning/gathering information stage on, could also use a couple of them. And why not Niseeringen also?

You are doing inspirering work.

Happy modding

:thumbsup:

Not a bad idea - when I get round to doing LODs (very long way away...), I'm sure one of them (lod C or D) would be suitable.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%