Ford Mustang @ Vitus Parc Club/Nat - Tue 7th August

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Ford Mustang (default)
Track: Vitus Parc 09 (Download) + Track Fix (Download)
Race1: Club Layout / Race2: National Layout

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 16 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 16 laps)

Note1: Default skins only.
Note2: Unzip the track fix file into your "GTL\GameData\Locations\Vitus Parc 2009" folder and allow it to overwrite. This contains the fixed gbd files for all 4 tracks contained in the download.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito
  4. Jack Smith
  5. Ian Strom
  6. Hans Sneep
  7. David Cuthill
  8. Rupe Wilson
  9. Eck Simpson
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Good to have this interesting track fully working now. Bit of a chore in the Mustang 'though - slide tastic.

R1 - Seemed to have a good pace here and was in P2 off the grid. Stuart got his customary flying start and was into first. Bar one switch to desktop and a quick 360 on the last corner, most of the remainder of the race I had a good view of the back of his car as it was too tight too make any serious attempt to overtake and without any mistakes from Stuart, second place had to suffice.

R2 - Off from pole and I built up a good lead until I had another switch to desktop. Managed to switch back again into 2nd place and had a good run ahead of Stu and Eck until I was issued a stop 'n go - bit of a surprise, but ducked into the pits at the same time as Eck (presumably) for the same reason. Got a bit messy after that and I'd also lost any concentration. Finally had another switch to desktop, couldn't switch back to GTL and had to kill it.

On the whole, enjoyed this track and I can imagine a whole heap of fun with other, more nimble cars.

P.S. Was going to ask if others had ever had similar problems with switching to the desktop mid race. I've had it happen a few times in rFactor 1 but not in GTL. It seems to happen if I get into a mess and am using to many inputs simultaneously. I thought it was possibly emulating an alt-tab command but on writing this I think it's more like the Windows key as the game still has focus (sound & input still working). I'm now wondering if turning off the Windows key system wide before running GTL might make a difference - I'll try it out.

P.S. Was going to ask if others had ever had similar problems with switching to the desktop mid race.

This has happened to me a couple times in the last month but I have just completed a new install (digital) because of a different issue. Only have had time for one online race since, but no switching to desktop as yet.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%