1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Ford Mustang @ Vitus Parc Club/Nat - Tue 7th August

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Stuart Thomson, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
    Class: Ford Mustang (default)
    Track: Vitus Parc 09 (Download) + Track Fix (Download)
    Race1: Club Layout / Race2: National Layout

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
    Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 16 laps)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
    Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 16 laps)

Note1: Default skins only.
    Note2: Unzip the track fix file into your "GTL\GameData\Locations\Vitus Parc 2009" folder and allow it to overwrite. This contains the fixed gbd files for all 4 tracks contained in the download.

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
    1. Stuart Thomson
    2. Senad Subasic
    3. Knut Omdal Tveito
    4. Jack Smith
    5. Ian Strom
    6. Hans Sneep
    7. David Cuthill
    8. Rupe Wilson
    9. Eck Simpson
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    Rules:
    This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

2. Add me to the list please. Love the track.

3. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

I'll be there

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Server's already up

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

Sign me up please.

6. I will join.

7. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Signing up

8. New olympic sport: Dump the clutch for a reverse hill climb/burnout... with no throttle.

• Like Like x 1
  9. David Cuthill

David Cuthill
    Premium Member

I'm up for this

10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

yes please, ..:D

11. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

I shall be around tonight, make way...

12. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

i think the servers is closed..:(

13. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

I just restarted the server. Thanks for the notice Rupe:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

:)

15. David Cuthill

David Cuthill
    Premium Member

Good to have this interesting track fully working now. Bit of a chore in the Mustang 'though - slide tastic.

R1 - Seemed to have a good pace here and was in P2 off the grid. Stuart got his customary flying start and was into first. Bar one switch to desktop and a quick 360 on the last corner, most of the remainder of the race I had a good view of the back of his car as it was too tight too make any serious attempt to overtake and without any mistakes from Stuart, second place had to suffice.

R2 - Off from pole and I built up a good lead until I had another switch to desktop. Managed to switch back again into 2nd place and had a good run ahead of Stu and Eck until I was issued a stop 'n go - bit of a surprise, but ducked into the pits at the same time as Eck (presumably) for the same reason. Got a bit messy after that and I'd also lost any concentration. Finally had another switch to desktop, couldn't switch back to GTL and had to kill it.

On the whole, enjoyed this track and I can imagine a whole heap of fun with other, more nimble cars.

P.S. Was going to ask if others had ever had similar problems with switching to the desktop mid race. I've had it happen a few times in rFactor 1 but not in GTL. It seems to happen if I get into a mess and am using to many inputs simultaneously. I thought it was possibly emulating an alt-tab command but on writing this I think it's more like the Windows key as the game still has focus (sound & input still working). I'm now wondering if turning off the Windows key system wide before running GTL might make a difference - I'll try it out.

16. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

This has happened to me a couple times in the last month but I have just completed a new install (digital) because of a different issue. Only have had time for one online race since, but no switching to desktop as yet.

17. David Cuthill

David Cuthill
    Premium Member

Thanks Jack. At least I'm not alone with this problem.

18. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Could it be some notification from anti-virus, windows update or email? I happened to me once when I forgot to close my email and got a mail during race.

• Like Like x 1
  19. David Cuthill

David Cuthill
    Premium Member

No, I keep everything mean and lean, only running apps when required. All background services are also kept to a minimum.

I get the feeling its more akin to the controller inputs emulating an alt+tab or Win key press than some outside app.

• Like Like x 1