Vehicles:
Race1: Ford Mustang (Default)
Race2: NSU TT (download)
Track: Nurburgring Sprint (Default)
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins - ONE TIMED LAP
Race: 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: This is a NON Rankings Point event.
Note3: Default skins that are included with the NSU TT mod. Default skins only for the Mustang.

Both races were quite enjoyable.

Was following Jack around in race 1, always just a second or two between us. Had a dive in T1 in the first half of the race, we exchanged positions a couple of times in the next 2-3 turns, twas fun. Couldn't get as close later on in the race, I tried different lines and braking points, but that just caused me to lose time.
The NSU is a fun little car, enjoyed that one too. Even though I spun 4-5 times at least. Always in the same place: either T1, or that long 180 turn after the first split.

I hate my wheel, and I hope the one I bought through RD will show up soon :frown:

Very enjoyable evening, the Mustang is always difficult for me but to my own surprise did a 1.52.xxx in practice,could not repeat that in Qu or in the race, start from p7 not making big mistakes only to wide here an there an lost 2 places but held the car on track an fin p9.

The NSU is a nice little bugger but it can bite you al of a sudden ,Qu on p7 again had a good start an run on p6 but did a spin an lost one place a few laps later spin again an lost 2 places after that a very stable race with a PB for me could not close the cap stable on 6-7 sec but in the last laps some guys in trouble an fin on p 8 .

Great race evening again,Grats Podium (well deserved Carlos after 2 poles!)

Thanks Carlos an Stuart ,an all the guys for racing....

A good morning's racing for me.
Most importantly, it was the first chance to test my new PC, Win7, GTL installation, and it all went smoothly. It was nice to be able to turn the graphics quality up too, I didn't know GTL could look so good.

Carlos has a knack of matching totally different cars in these split race events, and these couldn't be more different. After driving the Mustang, it took ages to get used to braking in the NSU TT about 100 metres later. :eek: The NSU is fun to drive, but can be a nasty little beggar by deciding to spin when you least expect it.

Race 1, Mustang: Started from P5 and actually got it off the line well, gaining a spot. Quickly found myself in familiar territory between Stuart and Bob. :cool: Spent many laps watching Stu desperately trying to find a way around a rather squirrelly Carlos. I could smell the burning rubber from both of them, so played a waiting game. Mid race, Stu and I both slipped past Carlos, and later, Stu went wide out of the hairpin, giving me P2. Late in the race, my tyres seemed to be holding up better, as I was able to pull away from Carlos and even closed the gap to Dmytro.
Grats to Dmytro for the win.

Race 2, NSU TT: This race was going be about who could minimise their spins. I qualified P3, and dropped immediately to P4 as Nils sneaked past. After a few laps, Nils went for a big spin, giving me a clear view of the great scrap in front between Carlos and Stuart (again). About mid race, it was Stuart's turn for a spin at the hairpin, which he followed up with another spin a few laps later. I was now a very comfy P2 and should have cruised home from there, but my number came up with a few laps to go, and around I went in a cloud of smoke. :eek:
That got Stuart interested again, and he closed up rapidly with some very quick laps. I managed to hold on for my second P2 of the morning.
Grats to Carlos for the win (and no spins :pray: ).

Thanks to all who joined and big thanks to Carlos and Stu for organising. :thanks:

These cars are VERY different, and I don't know if that's more of a good thing or a bad thing because of the whole re-adjustment phase we have to go through for race two and the fact we only have about 20 minutes to do it in. But I do love how even though we are on the same track, we have to drive in two completely different manners.

Race1 was a real hoot, I was VERY surprised to grab pole since I spent the great majority of my offline time practicing in the NSU trying to dial the spins out of it. I saw that there were a few guys turning in very quick times during practice so I didn't expect to get pole at all. But I knew that I wouldn't be able to hold on to 1st, and I was right. As soon as the light turns green Dmytro comes flying past and I'm in 2nd before T1. I try my best immitation of a moving road-block and I'm able to slow Thommo and Warren down a bit, this lets Dmytro widen his gap considerably. BTW Dmytro, sorry about the love-tap in the down-hill right hander.
The pressure from Thommo was just too great and I finally messed up and both Thommo and Warren got past. I didn't mind one bit since that is where I was supposed to be from the start anyway lol. But after a little while Thommo has an off and I end up 3rd behind Warren. Without a chance in hell of cathing Warren I just concentrate on bringing her home in 3rd and I was more than happy with that result.
Great driving by both Warren and Dmytro :good:
Major grats to Dmytro for his first win with us.:trophy:

Race2) I did spend a lot of time dialing the evil little bugger in but I was still surprised to grab pole and actually hold on to it. Stu would close in on me every single time we were going through the chicane. I pressed very hard to try and stay in front of him and I felt I was gonna spin it sooner or later because of the pressure (I'm not very good under pressure lol). But after a few laps I see Stu spin it in T1. I felt a mixture of relief and sadness all at once. I like battling with Stu very much, even if it means losing a spot to him after the battle is over. Now I was all alone and because of the spins from the guys behind me, it stayed that way and I was able to bring it home in 1st.

BTW, I didn't like the NSU too much when it was first introduced to the club, but the more seat time I get the more I enjoy it. It has amazing brakes! Or maybe it's the fact that the Stang has horrible ones?

Thanks to Thommo for throwing up the server and thanks to all who showed up and had fun.

The catchphrase that pays for my night is "and then Thommo span and I got past" :frown:

Doesn't matter though, had some great racing during spells there last night. :good:

The Stangs nice enough to drive, but I was having monumental problems into T1 with it, which I think was down to my brake balance (and my inability to handle it) more than anything else.

The NSU is a proper gem, IMO, and I would lurve a series in them - although I suspect Christmas might get in the way :D

Ooh - WD to Dmytro for his first win (which I suspect won't be his last) in R1 & Carlos for his terrific drive in R2

Guys, some of you probably imagine the feelings you experience after the first victory.:D
It's fantastic! Thank to all, gents who participate yesterday. Many thanks to Warren and Carlos, Stu for their personal congratulations.

This was my eigth online race in GTL (and somewhere the 12-13th in general ever) and it was not only the anniversary. :redface:

1st race: Not very well qualify for me, has not coped with cold tires. But still took a relatively normal starting position number 3. Start was successful. I managed to immediately take the lead. I was very nervous on the first laps. Driving too cautiously so as not to be mistaken. Because Carlos had to literally hang back at me. But after his "happy butting" into my ass :D, I felt that I could continue to lead. And that I did. A little mistake in the chicane on the penultimate lap, but still managed to hold an advantage over Warren.

2nd race: I drove NSU fo first time. Because still have to get used to better study it. Quali I already failed at the first corner, where I was pulled out so that I drove almost Nordschleife.:cool: But was still 4-th position on the start.
Carlos, you were yesterday, simply amazing. You get times, which usually can be achieved after a few laps warming! :good:
Start of the race, I failed, at the wrong time threw the accelerator. Because, in the first turn was at 6-8th. Not shared with someone the second turn and I drifted a bit that threw me for another couple of positions. In the fourth corner, I have decided to give a little speed to Bob, but instead, I forced him to skid the car. :frown: Sorry Bob.
After this has been a persistent struggle with Niels and Arthur, in the end I made a mistake at the exit of the last turn and I spun. It remains only to rush over Bob and finish in fifth place behind him. Although I know that I could do everything much better.

But anyway, I am certainly very pleased with yesterday's result.
Thanks to Carlos and Stewart for their work and the rest people for the race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 309 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 205 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%