Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Ford Mustang
Track: Hockenheim Short / Hockenheim GP

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (16 laps)
---------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (16 laps)

Note1: Default skins only.
Note2: We will no longer be adding people as "maybe" or "possibles" - you sign up, you show up.

Server password & Racing Rules: click here

Man I hate my current work shift!!
I sure miss racing against you boys.
Tonight was awesome, did much better than I expected in race1 and even nabbed a podium spot (mostly cuz Thommo caught the wrong gear).

Race2, I qualied 2nd thanks to a fluke lap, then I had a crappy start, bumped into a couple of you (sorry boys!) and then spent the rest of the race trying to catch Roland, who did a great job of making sure I didn't lol.

Senad...you are doing pretty darn good my friend, keep it up:cool:

Well, see you boys next time I'm off on a Tues or a Thursday.

Good to see you Carlos and the other new faces.
Stu's setup felt pretty stable but I couldn't get my times down to where I would have liked although I still had chances to race with different drivers for several laps in both events which is where the excitement is anyway. I need to work on being a little quicker coming out of some of the difficult corners because that is where I could see people slowly opening gaps on me.

WD to podiums, thanks Stu for the effort as always ( enjoyed the Mustang ), and cheers to all driver from all over the world...amazing.

Moja sućut.

As far as the races went, twas good. Fun car to drive, gotta love right foot steering. And some good racing tonight, with Ross in race 2 especially. Except some of my silly dives, sorry about that.

Cheers Stuart, see you all in the next one.

EDIT: ah, right, forgot, thanks to Stuart for the setup as well.

Senad...you are doing pretty darn good my friend, keep it up:cool:
Thanks, was pretty pleased with my race 1 pace.
Good thing that you're not able to witness my RDHGP performance this season, LOL.

More good stuff again in GTL. :) Glad to be back again.
I'm still as rusty as hell and still trying to get used to my new wheel, which results in me turning in at the wrong timing, but I'm slowly tuning the wheel settings.:rolleyes:

I always enjoy the ol 'Stang.

Race 1: QP5 and was quickly swamped by Roland who rocketed past into turn 1, leaving Carlos and I door handle rubbing for a few turns. After a couple of laps chasing Roland with Carlos all over my tail, I tapped and spun Roland through the tight chicane section as he seemed to prop a bit. Sorry mate. :oops: I stopped to wait, but Roland advised that he had yanked his wheel from the desk :eek:, and told me to go. Apparently, that was what had caused him to prop, or was he letting me off the hook? ;).
Now, I was P6 and battling to hold off Jack, while Senad was clearing off into the distance ahead. As Ross G and Jack battled, I could settle down and pull away from them, so I tried to see if I could gain on Senad. No chance, he was driving an inspired race. :cool:. Over the last lap, the engine was coughing and spluttering as the fuel ran out, but I coasted over the line on fumes.

Race 2: I preferred the GP track as it allowed the Mustang to stretch it's legs a little more. Q P4, and was hopeing to hold off Roland at the start this time. Nope!!!! He took off like a jack rabbit, straight past Carlos and I (AGAIN :rolleyes:). I managed to jump Carlos when he propped behind Roland in the hairpin, so Carlos and I had a repeat of the opening laps of race 1, with Ross G joining the fray. I was being more careful behind Roland this time, but that was pretty easy because he was driving quite fast. Eventually a tiny mistake gave me a sniff to overtake Roland, so I grabbed it and Carlos went for a gap too. I made it past but Carlos didn't, and this proved decisive, as I could slowly pull away from their fierce battle. I spent the rest of the race chasing Stuart, slowly reeling him back as my tyres were outlasting his, but I couldn't steal the podium spot from him.

Grats to Ross M for the two wins, and well done to Eck, Carlos, and Stu for their podiums. :)

Thanks to Stuart for another great event.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Domagoj.
..Stu's setup felt pretty stable but I couldn't get my times down to where I would have liked although I still had chances to race with different drivers for several laps in both events which is where the excitement is anyway....
My thoughts exactly. It was fun as usual, and as Warren already mentioned, I had great starts in both races much to my own surprise as well :rolleyes:

And Welcome Back Carlos! It's been quite a while.. good to see you haven't completely forgotten about us :)

Unfortunately early in R1 I indeed somehow pulled my wheel completely off my desk, making steering somewhat difficult. Sorry Warren (and others maybe?) for slowing you down.:(
After my spin, while re-attaching my wheel, to make matters worse Ian couldn't avoid my Stang, as apparently I was blocking a bigger part of the track than I thought I was.:oops: He was so kind as to wait up for me as well -thx mate, but really you shouldn't have-, so together we set off again trying to catch Peter and Hans.
With Peter having major problems adjusting to the car we found him within a couple of laps, but Hans made it clear he had no interest in us catching up. I did catch up eventually, chased him for a while, until a slight mistake allowed me to get by him. Somewhat later I had to return that favour however, and chased Hans all the way to the finish but never got another shot at passing. Nice fight that was!

No bad luck in R2 but quite a busy race as Warren mentioned. Had a tough time keeping Carlos behind, failed at some point but managed to get ahead of him again; I noticed that for most of the race, there were 4 or 5 cars within 10 sec. of me, so any mistake would be costly. No big errors however, and although my tires were quite worn near the end, luckily I wasn't the only one so got home in 5th.

Grats to Ross McG, and the other podium finishers. Thanks Stuart for the event, and for sharing your setup. Cheers to all drivers, CYA next time.

Another great night of racing! Stu's setup helped a lot and I was really enjoying the Mustang. I have to work on my inability to perform single hot-laps though... I've failed to qualify for five races out of six so far! The races themselves worked out better though. I had a nice little battle in R1 with Jack, and an almost race-long battle with Senad in R2. Really excellent stuff.

Roll on next week. :D

My condolences & best wishes Domagoj.

Enjoyed the 'Hock last night- strangely it's one of my favourite tracks? Good to see Mr. Diaz back after a long absence, and also good to have Warren 'Rally-king' Dawes around too, as well as seeing a couple of new faces, all looking quite promising for the GTL club.

My GTL was being a bit uncooperative last night, no idea why, and this resulted in a couple of CTD's for me. One came during qualifying for race 2, so i started from the back and it turned out to be a great race, with lap 1 being a jammy surge up the pack as i managed to luck into being in the right place at the right time. This meant i had Thommo & Eck in front heading onto lap 2, but before i could battle it out with Stuart he half-spun at the final turn, and Eck was quite a bit ahead now so i had to knuckle down and try and catch him. After just over half the race i was quite near to him, and passed him at the hairpin after the long straight. After a bit of side-by-side action for a few corners, (and some minor panel damage!) i was facing the wrong way at turn 1, and once Eck gave me the place back we resumed the battle, but unfortunately soon after he spun, and this gave me a chance to sneak away in the end. Cheers guys, hope to see you all again soon! Congrats Eck, Thommo & Carlos on podiums. Thanks Thommo, nice combo last night.

Sorry for my sudden disappearing in race 2,had a problem in house window open by heavy wind an wed floor by heavy rain so I have to clean up the mes!!

Race 1, not fast enough in the Mustang but still have fun with it,lost it in the beginning of the race so start from the back again (wat else is new?) but I am on my best when I can chase somebody so taking some places back,but one car was closing rapidly getting bigger an bigger in my mirror :Roland! way faster in laptimes so I no he is gone get me an he did after I go wide in the chicane, but I had no intention to let him get away with it so stick on his bumber till a get a change to get him back, happily for me there where just a few laps to go so managed to hold him of to the fin. line! great fight Roland give me a :) on my face thanks!!
Nice to see you back Carlos!

Thanks Stuart,nice again an all for a nice race Grats podium Ross 2 times ??

I've had better nights, I just can't remember them now... lol.

Ross had some serious pace, I'd have finished 2nd (at best) had he given me a lap head start. The first race should've been a 3rd place finish, had Stu not been victim to wheel (operative) failure... lol.

Even with (what I assumed was) a nice lead, in race two. Ross caught n passed me (with far too much ease), the ensuing battle was immense. The minor panel damage aside, we might've been having too much fun... again.

Grats on both wins sir, can you please leave off now... lol. Thanks to Stu n RD, and all my fellow drivers.

to make matters worse Ian couldn't avoid my Stang, as apparently I was blocking a bigger part of the track than I thought I was.:oops: He was so kind as to wait up for me as well -thx mate, but really you shouldn't have-, so together we set off again trying to catch Peter and Hans.
I just reviewed the replay, you were not really on the racing line at the time I hit you. I made the bad decision to break line and go around to my right as I saw you going across the track(you would have ended up on my left). Unfortunately as you tried to get off the track going the same way you came I did not steer left in time. :p I really could have also steered left a bit when braking but the replay shows I did not. :oops: Panic mode freeze?
Looks like I locked the ol' brakes too. . <_< >_>
Folks, be smart, do not run 100% brake pressure like I do! It is bad for your health! ;)
hehehe

In the end, I could have stayed left and completely missed you. *shrug* Coulda shoulda woulda etc whatever.
Sorry about molesting that lovely backside of yours though. :D Got it fixed up yet? I need something to chase in the next race. :cool:

[crazyideamode]
But you know.. we could start up a little school thing or something where someone goes out on the track and gets themselves into a bad spot right in the way and the people going around the track have to avoid the obstacle! hehehehe. Hazard/panic training or something?
[/cradyideamode]

Oh man this is a bad sign, I have either been playing too much of the FlatOut series in general or been playing too little lately. (not the one from Dec though, that is trash, I mean FO1, FO2 and FO:UC)

I better shut up now. :rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years