Cars Ford Anglia 1953

Status
Not open for further replies.
How fast will probably go the hot rod version? It looks wonderful :thumbsup:

Quite fast :roflmao: Eh, yeah right now its very fast indeed, maybe a bit too much. Nothing is set in stone physics wise yet, I think it has something in the region of 400bhp, and that might have to come down if I can't improve driveability.

Its one of those cars where you just coast through the corners very slowly, and only dare to put the power down once you are going straight :confused: Of course being a custom made hot rod, I'm not working with real data so changes can be made to suit.

If anyone wants to have a go at taming this thing, let me know :)

I don't see any obvious reason it can't work at 400hp, that's not a ridiculous number for a hot rod of that style on this side of the Atlantic.

Now that the XJ is out & can go to the back burner, I can get to work on other projects again. Like the upgraded Transits. :redface:

If you'd like me to help out here too, though, I'm game. My time attack Evo project seems to have been lost to the forum purge, so I'm a free agent again. :(

(A real shame, that thing was sick. 1022whp and downforce like an LMP1...)

The Evo was a blast, and feeling basically finished compared to my Audi. PheNom107th wrote that him pushing the car on the back burner was due to real life commitments, not the purge. Same with FlandreNiens crazy Volvo, tho I don't know his reasons

Nice, I missed that post. We did talk in PM during the migration and he said he'd like to continue with it, but that's the last time I heard anything. Hopefully it will come back around - it was super fun to drive and the model, although unfinished, was really coming along well.

I was looking forward to the Volvo too. A few top-class time attack cars would be a ton of fun for AC. At least you're still working on yours!

In any case, back to the Anglia... :D

Will hopefully post a very short video showing the shear ferocity of the Hot Rod tomorrow, just a small 50 sec clip of me being scared to use much throttle for any length of time :confused::p

Quick question though; What sort of mods do people want to see on it? I honestly know nothing about hot rods, and whilst I'll probably be keeping it fairly conservative mods wise (i've seen some crazy chopped up stuff...), I wouldn't mind taking suggestions. Thoughts on a Blower out the bonnet? If so, any types I should be looking to use as reference?

Maybe white strip on wheel, black and white combination looks good. I am not sure about blower...it could block the view...maybe only small one...in the middle or on the oposite side of the driver position. :)
classic-car-hot-rod-photo-vintage-royal-autocar-wallpaper1.jpg

At 400bhp I don't see a need for a blower. Wouldn't be impossible but certainly not necessary.

Fenderless with a chopped top would be pretty typical of an American hot rod too. I love bzuco's pic!

I suppose the first part isn't necessary since the stock one doesn't have taillights yet :p but removing the taillights and installing recessed ('frenched') bullet lights is another popular hotrod move.
Frenched56Chevytaillights2.jpg

Video as promised, should have shown the pedal app to show how scared I am on the throttle!

Cheers guys on the suggestions, here are my thoughts -

Whitewall tyres - Definitely yes, once I learn how to texure, that is
Fenderless - I think this would be awesome but it means properly modelling the suspension etc, so thats a maybe
Chopped - Could definitely do this, I'll look into it
Smoothed taillights - Yes I could smooth out and generally make it a bit cleaner, same with bumpers and roof (standard car has a fabric section of roof)

Talking about taillights, there is a reason I haven't done them yet; I'm not 100% sure what the original lights look like. I've seen quite a lot of different taillights on E494A Anglia's, and the ones on my Anglia seem a bit different. So I'm waiting until I'm sure what the correct lights are before I model them.

At 400bhp I don't see a need for a blower. Wouldn't be impossible but certainly not necessary.

Fenderless with a chopped top would be pretty typical of an American hot rod too. I love bzuco's pic!
the typical engine to swap into this would be the Rover V8, which still has only around 200 bhp stock. A small blower would not look out of place. Maybe chop the sides of the bonnet to allow view of the engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%