Cars Ford Anglia 1953

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small update, have't been able to get much modelling done recently but got back into the swing of things yesterday. Nothing massive, just continuing to get the exterior done, also done the brakes (drums are very easy compared to disks/calipers) and done the rear axle/diff too (which is animated now).

At the front the biggest change is the side grill which gives a good look into the engine bay, which is a good excuse to model the engine/gubbins :D

jiGuHgfh.jpg

The rear mesh has been tidied up a fair bit, having now done the tailgate and rear window/rubber seal etc.

J5PwqYmh.jpg

On the physics side, things have been refined and made more accurate based on more recent information. I've also implemented brake heating/fading, very awesome stuff. More noticeable with the S1, as this one never really gets up enough speed for the brakes to have any trouble slowing down :D

Last edited:

It had to happen, you can't make a Ford Popular (well, Anglia in this case) for Assetto Corsa without the obligatory Hot Rod version!

This is really just a test; only modifications (cosmetically) are the wider tyres, but there will be more changes at a later date. Physics are brands new, custom suspension, tyres and of course drivetrain...

I don't know much about the hot rod scene, so feel free to suggest anything you feel might be relevant for a Hot Rod Anglia (popular engine choices, wheels/tyres, anything really). I'm not sure drivetrain wise, keep it British or go American? I'm thinking keep the arches, maybe widen them slightly to house the tyres (I could take them off but that means modelling the suspension, don't want too much work).

Oh man, simply clicking that like button isn't enough. So here it goes: I LIKE THIS :)

Thanks very much, I quite like it too :p

Last edited:
Hot Rod version looks like from gangsters movie, I like it :thumbsup: .
For better mesh smoothing/reflections with triangles or what ever mesh type, after collapsing to edit poly/mesh add edit normals modifier and play with Average normals value with checked ON "Use Threshold". There could be small differences against classic normal smoothing(unify button)...especially in places where flat surfaces meet rounded.

Hot Rod version looks like from gangsters movie, I like it :thumbsup: .
For better mesh smoothing/reflections with triangles or what ever mesh type, after collapsing to edit poly/mesh add edit normals modifier and play with Average normals value with checked ON "Use Threshold". There could be small differences against classic normal smoothing(unify button)...especially in places where flat surfaces meet rounded.

Thank you, this is really useful info as I really have no idea about this stuff!

Might not look like much, but I've started on the cabin mesh. The old one was just temporary, but didn't fit up with the windows or anything, this one - although basic just now - will be the basis for the final interior.
Added some poly's on the window edges on the interior+exterior, so the cockpit view now looks quite tidy. Its all pretty much in the right place, so I can begin adding detail like the dash etc.

Some screens :)

Current cockpit view:

26zXi1Qh.jpg

Closed:

ZycBbtlh.jpg

Open:

66RN4pNh.jpg

eOOc2Ach.jpg

Work on a dashboard has begun - and the best thing - its completely symmetrical! This makes things much simpler :D

IOqxGzSh.jpg

Also, don't pay any attention to that tricount - it included so many clones of objects that I use to keep copies in case I need to go back, and also includes the photoscan models too which have loads of poly's. Everything in total (ext, int, wheels, chassis) is about 100k tri's, so about half of the total budget.

Last edited:
The car looks so fragile with its tiny wipers and tyres, it feels like absolute abuse thrashing it around the Nordschleife. Still cannot wait to do it myself, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 91 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.7%