1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Force India with an other Surprice!

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Georgios Davakos, Dec 16, 2011.

1. So once again I received a message from my iPhone app telling me that Force India will be running with Hulkenberg and Raul Di Resta for 2012. This wasn't a surprise but was PDR really that much better then Sutil?

Sorce, once again the app called Motorsports Results.
  2. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Hulk is good!
  3. It was obviously going to be Hulkenberg and Di Resta. Sutil and Di Resta is a better pairing but Hulkenberg has yet to show his full potential and he really needs to make this a good season or else I can't see him in F1 much longer.

This means that Sutil is likely to pair up with Maldonado.

It's a big shame of Sutil, he outperformed his car and deserves a drive at Mercedes, replacing Schumacher who i think should retire once and for all. However, he is likely to be placed at a team with no ambition and no spirit that might even become one of the backend teams in the next few years.
  4. Confirmed here aswell.

Considering Paul just completed his rookie year i´d say he´s done a fantastic job. He could have done much better in several races but Force India split strategies from time to time and Di Resta was on the loosing end a couple of times.

Good for Hulkenberg aswell, now is the time to shine and show that the Pole was not just perfect timing.
  5. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

No surprises there really.
    This is a good decision, assuming Sutil gets the seat at Williams.
    Best thing for all parties.
  6. Do you think next year Sutil could replaces Schumacher?
  7. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

No that'll be DiResta in 2013 or 2014.
  8. That is if Schumacher retires.

And that is entirely up to Mercedes in how they perform.
  9. I do believe that 2012 is Schumacher last year (3 year program). Di Resta is connected with Mercedes to sub him in 2013.
  10. That contract yes. However that does not stop him or Mercedes from signing a new deal.

Again, it´s all up to how the Mercedes performs. If they can fight for wins you can be sure that Michael will stick around.
    My guess is that he also might want to do atleast one year with the new regulations, it´s pretty different from today so i think that might interest him.
  11. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Nice! Glad to see The Hulk back. He is too talented to sit at the sideline. Shame for Sutil though but all the bad press about him last year for sure didn't help.
  12. Schumacher has always had the option for 2013, all he has to do is say yes. I wouldnt go assuming other drivers in the seat.
  13. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

A great shame for Sutil.

He made a lot of points for the team and beat his teammates for a couple of years in a row.
    Bad decision in my book, even though Hülkenberg is a good guy (and a good expert on Sky Germany :) )
  14. *Looks at title*

*Looks at first post*

Contradicting yourself there.

Hulk looked to be as fast as Sutil in Friday sessions, so I won't miss Sutil at Force India, let's see if he has got the skills to help Williams if he parks himself there?
  15. I was sarcastic. ;)
  16. Hülkenberg definitely has a place there. Good decision. Even though I think Sutil is a good driver too. He'll probably drive for Williams from next year (if he's lucky), not a bad place tbh, as they got some strenghtening both on design and engine front.