Force India to Celebrate 150th Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
f1.jpg

The final round of the 2015 FIA Formula One World Championship in Abu Dhabi this Sunday 29th November will mark an important milestone as Silverstone based team Force India celebrates its 150th Grand Prix.

Securing the best result in the teams history with a 5th place finish in the Constructors Championship, Force India head into the final round with high hopes of celebrating their 150th Grand Prix on a high note.

When asked about the subject, Force India's team owner Vijay Mallya said,

"Heading to Abu Dhabi with fifth place in the championship already secured feels pretty good. It means we can approach the last weekend of the season free from pressure and with nothing to lose.

“Our focus is simply on enjoying the race and ending the season in style. Abu Dhabi will be a special race for us as it marks the 150th of our history as Force India, and we will aim to celebrate it with a strong performance on the track. All season I've been saying how proud I am of my team – particularly our development curve in the second half of the season and we have been competitive at every race.

"With stable regulations for 2016, there is every reason to believe we can carry this form through the winter and into the new season,” he said. “There is plenty to be excited about and a lot of positive energy in the team. This weekend's race is simply another chance to demonstrate how far we have come. Our aim will be to qualify in the top ten and add a final helping of points to our tally."​

This season points tally is all the more impressive considering the difficulties faced at the start of the year with constant talk of lack of funding and a disrupted testing campaign. The B-specification of it's VJM08 car introduced at Silverstone has collected 81 points from the final eight races to produce the team's best strike rate since joining the grid in 2008.

With Sergio Perez currently in ninth position in the drivers championship, 16 points ahead of team-mate and Le Mans 24 Hour winner Nico Hulkenberg the team will be hoping to secure two top ten finishes in the championship to complement their Constructors success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely to see, and it's fantastic for the sport, to see the development and progress of this team. Lets hope it doesn't stop here, and they start 2016 in a headstrong motion.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000