Force India 2017 Drivers: Spirited or Dangerous?

it's all part of the show.

Ocon is trying to prove himself on the same level of Max, and Perez needs to keep his cool same as Ric.

I don't get te point of people who say first incident was the fault of Perez. He was between 2 drivers, especially because Ocon was coming from behind.. Second crash. Ocon hitted the rear right tyre of Perez, so his front wing wasn't next to Perez's car but behind it. There was no room for Ocon and in my opinion also not that faster to get in front of Perez before Eau Rouge, and as being outside, he'd have to lift throttle and losing even more time with it as if he would do before the crash. Some say Perez moved to right... Yes, it was a right turn! Ocon is the one who wasn't carefully enough but was mad on his team-mate...

Glad that force india decided not to let them race each other from now on.
I guess they really hate each other (i think Perez had been unlucky with his car even when it was not his fault :cautious:) anyways, Perez has been cool all these years and doing his own thing but this season he is not that focused imho. Both have been doing stupid stuff and force india as a team is losing vital points....

Last edited:
Why play games in multi-million dollar cars? Just get out of the cars, stop risking involving other drivers in your bitch drama, and duke it out like real men! :laugh:

They were not on a straight, they were going through Turn 2
C'mon man, let's be honest. That's a straight. Perez had no right to close the line. Alonso can say whatever he wants, but different situations have different variables and they cannot be judged with a general rule (otherwise they would have punished ocon days ago).

If they didn't drive for the same team, it would just be racing... but from Force India's perspective, they have to end this.

I'll let Jacques explain it to you.

"It doesn’t matter that it’s his teammate,” said Villeneuve. “Teammate, no teammate, it should not have happened between two drivers. You’re not so supposed to put anyone in danger."

Last edited:
Wasn't Perez one of those people who said the first incident was his fault?

Yes, he said because of the engine mode. But this doenst hide the fact that Ocon went for an extremely dangerous space with 2 cars already there. Sure enough the cars touched and luckily nothing more serious happened. Very luckily.

The second incident, Ocon wasnt even near alongside Perez. As someone said, his front wing hits Perez´s REAR tire...how this can be alongside?? No way. He crashed there on purpose just to prove a point.

The second incident, Ocon wasnt even near alongside Perez. As someone said, his front wing hits Perez´s REAR tire...how this can be alongside?? No way. He crashed there on purpose just to prove a point.
That's considered alongside in a straight... Sure he risked to crash against a wall just to prove a point.

Nice of FOM to block the video...
The second incident at spa was dangerous, if one of the cars got airbourne then it could also have been spectators or marshalls getting injured or worse, if you're side by side then room needs to be given.

You said it, respect is required. Perez driving his team mate (or any driver) twice into the same wall isn't what I would call respect.
Besides, if Perez isn't able to take this "turn" side by side with another driver, then he should find another job.
Perez proved in 2014 that he can't take the kink at the start / finish line at Montreal without crashing, so he's quite experienced there.

I didn't say that about Eau Rouge, Alonso said it 2 years ago.

Ocon positioned his car through Turn 2 to take THE WRONG racing line into Eau Rouge and challenge his teammate at an infamous chicane that can probably still kill a modern day F1 driver. Perez isn't driving Ocon off the road, Ocon shouldn't be there to begin with.

Being a great driver at overtaking requires a) anticipating the actions of other drivers, b) predicting their racing lines, and c) knowing when the best time to overtake is. Ocon failed to do those three things in both incidents.

Meanwhile, all weekend the announcers said Force India set their cars up for DRS passes down the straight. It was the team's strategy, and they didn't hide their hand. All Ocon had to do was let the strategy play itself out.

Instead he was an impatient driver, disrespectful to his teammate, or outright selfish... or maybe all three at once.

And if I'm a team boss looking at Ocon as potential driver on my team, those incidents showed a kid putting himself first and the team's interests second.

C'mon man, let's be honest. That's a straight.

It's not a straight... have you raced Spa?

The racing line is to finish La Source on the left, gradually swing the car to the right hand wall (Turn 2), and then swoop into Eau Rouge (Turns 3, 4, and 5). Heck there's even curbing for Turn 2 alongside the concrete wall to the secondary pits.

You shouldn't try to pass into Eau Rouge...

Why not? Kimi passed Schumacher there, Leclerc passed Rowland (or someone else, I don't remember) on the same day. Beautiful moves. Yes, you should be careful and not push your luck if you can't make it clean. But in this case we have no idea what would have happened because Perez just pushed Ocon into the wall because that's how he drives, he's a very dirty and intimidating driver.

And to say you shouldn't even try to pass into Eau Rouge is just wrong. You should try a move whenever there is an opening. What shouldn't happen is to push your team mate into the wall twice in the same race and get no penalties, that's what shouldn't happen.

Heck there's even curbing for Turn 2 alongside the concrete wall to the secondary pits.
No there isn't.
You see, a straight doesn't have to be exactly straight to be called like that. That STRAIGHT is straight enough to allow a driver to take any driving line without losing more than half a tenth. Perez closed the line on a straight to block him. Unfortunatly for him, the wrong wing of Ocon was already alongside his rear tires. He misjudged it (i hope so cause otherwise he really has to be banned) and closed the line too late.

I don't see what Ocon was trying to achieve. He wasn't going to overtake before eau rouge because he wasn't that much faster and then it's two wide? Oh yeah that'll end well!

Damn foolery and a rookie mistake.

Sure Perez shouldn't have moved accross, but he was just being defensive, or else he would've probable had ocon in his side panel up the hill. Crazy!

It's not a straight... have you raced Spa?
And yet, Chicagoland Speedway has a front straight and a back straight that aren't straight (in fact, only the pitlane is straight). So how does it work ?

I didn't say that about Eau Rouge, Alonso said it 2 years ago. [...]
Well you keep repeating this, so you must agree with this, don't you ?
As for the rest of your post(s), I'll just go with "wow", and stop there :)

Team orders are the scourge of F1. Between teams that act like Mussolini and the FIA, it's a wonder drivers stay around. One little glimpse of excitement or drama between teammates and it's snuffed out like equal cars. Roger Penske and Michael Andretti just assume they will have driver battles. And some get nasty, as the fans love it. They even self police on ovals.

Why not? Kimi passed Schumacher there, Leclerc passed Rowland (or someone else, I don't remember) on the same day. Beautiful moves.

Kimi passed by drafting Schumacher through Turn 2 and passing his LEFT into Eau Rouge. I don't know the other pass you're referring to.

Just like Weber on Alonso...

I don't see what Ocon was trying to achieve. He wasn't going to overtake before eau rouge because he wasn't that much faster and then it's two wide? Oh yeah that'll end well!

Damn foolery and a rookie mistake.

Exactly!

No there isn't.
You see, a straight doesn't have to be exactly straight to be called like that... Unfortunatly for him, the wrong wing of Ocon was already alongside his rear tires. He misjudged it (i hope so cause otherwise he really has to be banned) and closed the line too late.

Oops, there is no curb. But it's still called Turn 2. Write a letter to the Spa officials if you think otherwise.

And yet, Chicagoland Speedway has a front straight and a back straight that aren't straight (in fact, only the pitlane is straight). So how does it work ?

Wow. You bring up an oval race course for NASCAR's as a counter example? Yeah I'm done with you too...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back