1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

force feedback will not work on formula force ex

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Alen Pecanin, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Hey guys, its a sad day today, and its been a sad week. Hours behind the pc googling and fixing the wheel didnt help. so I ordered a new wheel but that didnt work too.

here's the thing. I havent been sim racing since last year. I played rfactor like 3-4 times for christmas, when I was playing the ffb suddenly stopped working. I tried all USB ports, I've got 8 of them. Tried re-installing the usb-drivers. tried re-installing the logitech drivers, re-installing rfactor, and dont ask how many times.

and my ffb wont work, and Im racing, well sort of, without ffb :( so after I ordered the new wheel, I tried a fresh re-install of the logitech profiler, still no ffb, even not after the calibration @ install.

but I ran this driver update scan, recommended by download.com and other sites so it could check which drivers were out of date. and there were 8 where all of them were connected to the USB The Intel(R) ich9 family usb universall host controller was outdated. and by googling sh*t for hours, it said that it had something with the chipset to do. So I smashed the driver&utilities cd into the cd-rom and isntalled some weird chipset drivers, it didnt work.

has any1 other here expirienced this? can any1 help? I hope not 1 but I hope for 2 lol. please, I wanna race again :(:( if I dont get this fixed I'll re-install Vista tomorrow to check out if that helps at all :(:(

tnx in advance for respenses and comments

2. you have plugged the power supply in?

i`m sure you have :)

3. haha rofl yea I have :p

4. i haven`t a clue then sorry, seems you`ve tried almost everything. thats why i mentioned the power supply as i`ve done that nood error before lol

so its looks like you may have to reinstall windows :(

5. no problem, thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it. maybe I'll get the chance to kick your ass on the track one day, after this problem gets solved, if you play rfacotr :D ^^

6. have you checked the the box !!! ( feed back box in game ) reverse affect I think its called ? try that its the only thing you havent mentioned ??