1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

force feedback on the DFGT

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Mike Sterckx, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Is is just me that thinks the ffb on a dfgt wheel is utter crap?

I can't believe how bad it is, it's worse then in tdu2, totally unrealistic.
    I fiddled with the settings for about an hour to no avail.

Enviromental effects: hardly does anything. I have it on 100. I's noticable but abit weak.
    ffb strength: Now this is bad. When set to 100 i can hardly move the steer. When set to 10 it is still way to hard to move the steer.
    wheel weight: doesn't work at all on a dfgt.

Then there is the way the ffb works when taking a corner. It's absolute pesh. Hard to explain just what it does but it makes no sense to me.

Abyone else using a dfgt having these issues?

2. I had massive problems with the DFGT at first. Disconnect the wheel by the USB and start F1 2011. Then exit the game, re-plug wheel in and start game again.

I've got the profiler settings set at 50%/50%/50%. 30% centering spring and 270 degree of lock with allow games to adjust settings ticked.

Ingame I've got 0% enviroment effects, 10%/10%. Works alright for me. Choose DFGT option, then change to custom and make sure override is set to 'steering wheel'. This way, all ingame buttons work (like d-pad up, down etc) but you don't need to use the default setting for the DFGT which is terrible.

Btw, I too had the issue with FFB settings being very stiff at first. I still have the problem of FFB just 'giving' up half way through a corner...it's not right, but it's manageable at least.

3. Thanks for that i will try it out.

Yea, when entering a corner the wheel gives alot of resistance and then suddenly it stops. Can't take a proper corner like that.

4. This is exactl;y what I get with the Logitech GT.

It makes every corner undriveable as the resistance changes half way through it and therefore the car changes direction!!

undriveable