Force Feedback not working properly

Hey guys.

First off i'm new here and pretty new to the sim racing in general. been enjoying racegames for many years and wanted to up my game so i bought myself a brand new G27 Racing wheel (didn't want to spend tons of cash but wanted something good to start with) and downloaded R3E..... been enjoying the game for over a month now and love it in general.

The only real issue i have now is the force feedback isn't working properly. i can feel the spring and it give's me some real racing feeling, but i don't feel any rumble or feeling my car going into spin or what not. i have this feeling in other game's like Dirt3 where the rumble of the road is nearly perfect after tweaking some settings.

I have looked everywhere and changed every setting ingame and on profiler to see if it changes things but unfortunatly it doesn't.

The main reason i went into simracing is because i wanted to become better at something i love without going all at it IRL. the arcade race game's don't deliver me the thrill of me being able to take a corner perfect and hitting the apex everytime over. btw i play on real in R3E so u can see my devotion to becoming a better sim racer.

Could anyone please help me figure this out. and please don't tell me there's a ton of info on the web. I even tried the setting from the topic here with the nice screenshots of the settings in the profiler and ingame but that didn't do the trick for me. even tried contacting the support but up until now i received no feedback from them.

really hope someone can help me out here.

I'm playing this on win 8.1 with an 8 core amd and an R290x 4 GB GPU.

Cheers Jonas

Brand wait for the next patch (I suppose we're very close to its release now).
I know you got a sudden change of view with the feeling toward R3E :( so maybe with the next patch and the new ffb settings they introduce you'll come back to the crib!! :D

I still like it, the FFB/feel puts me off a bit but everything else about it is great (well, except for no dedicated servers yet). But I encountered a problem with my T300 that took about 6 weeks to resolve so that knocked me out of commission for a while. I had to completely reinstall Windows and start from scratch, so far I've only installed AC so I could be sure everything is working correctly, and it seems to be. But........I'm moving next week so my rig is about to be torn down and relocated and it will be another week or two before I'm ready to race again.

Oh, and I have hosting privileges in AC now. ;) Once we get the dedi's I'll see about being a R3E host too. :whistling:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but has anyone tried messing around with the FFB steer force exponent value in the rcs file? According to juls' FFB guide for GTR2/Evo (quote):

"This parameter changes the way FFB output is filtered (how the forces increase when you turn the wheel…slower or faster than linearly). Defines how the steering feels (loose or sharp) in the center.
Lower value will give you a sharp steering feeling but will introduce oscillations around center and you will lose details in forces.
Higher values will give you a loose steering in center, but more details in forces."

By default in R3E it's set at 1.0 but on R07 and GTR2 I have it at 0.75. I tried it out myself and I can notice a difference but nothing too dramatic.
Here's the whole guide:
http://www.race2play.com/homepage/show_posts/7229

I still get that over-powered centring force on my CSR. For instance if I weave left to right then let go of the wheel the centring forces fight each other and build until the car quickly spins out. It's not right.

The new settings do nothing. Spring and damper settings are already available on my wheel and don't cure the centre feel. Friction is just a global stiffening of the wheel, not that useful. Steering rack does nothing - I've tested it.

This is a great game but the FFB is a mess and something of a dark art to tweak. Most of all a min force setting is needed.

totally and absolutly agree.

Ive actually long uninstalled it and waiting for another ffb fix. I cant understand why they cant eradicate this problem. No simbin game in the past has this (ffb has always been generally good). i wish they would concentrate on the ffb rather than the sound the transmission makes tbh. I know that sounds ignorant, but its not like i havent tried 100s of ffb settings, tweaks and suggestions!?!

Only way i know how to get rid of it, is totally dial down vert/steering force to around 20. Then you may as well not have ffb on!

regards

The weird thing in all this is that, while R07/GTREvo were criticized by a large part of the community, most people agreed that the FFB, out of the box, was by far the best in any ISI engine simulation (at least until Reiza). How R3E didn't follow up on that I don't understand.

I would agree with that.

Let me just say I find the FFB in R3E to be adequately driveable - it's not *that* bad, you adapt and get used to it - but it's easily the weakest point of an otherwise terrific package. Disappointingly there does seem to be a prevailing 'head in the sand' attitude to FFB complaints, as if we're making things up.

As I've said before, I'm not a fan of so many sliders and all the messing around in search of good FFB. Give me force strength and smoothing settings as with rF2 and SCE. That's all that good FFB should need.

Disappointingly there does seem to be a prevailing 'head in the sand' attitude to FFB complaints, as if we're making things up.

Agreed. And there's a certain member on here that jumps down the throat of anyone who criticizes the FFB, which is one of the major reasons I've stopped visiting/contributing to this part of the forum. I want to love this sim which is why I (and others) have tried to provide feedback about this issue or gain an understanding about it. But the most important part (FFB) keeps me from being able to love it, and the attitude directed toward our feedback from those involved left a bad taste in my mouth. :thumbsdown:

I'd like to know if FFB is considered 'done' or can we expect further improvements? I'm hoping it's the latter but more likely the former given that the FFB overhaul was delivered some months ago.

Too many people are experiencing issues for FFB to be considered finished.

Hey guys.

First off i'm new here and pretty new to the sim racing in general. been enjoying racegames for many years and wanted to up my game so i bought myself a brand new G27 Racing wheel (didn't want to spend tons of cash but wanted something good to start with) and downloaded R3E..... been enjoying the game for over a month now and love it in general.

The only real issue i have now is the force feedback isn't working properly. i can feel the spring and it give's me some real racing feeling, but i don't feel any rumble or feeling my car going into spin or what not. i have this feeling in other game's like Dirt3 where the rumble of the road is nearly perfect after tweaking some settings.

I have looked everywhere and changed every setting ingame and on profiler to see if it changes things but unfortunatly it doesn't.

The main reason i went into simracing is because i wanted to become better at something i love without going all at it IRL. the arcade race game's don't deliver me the thrill of me being able to take a corner perfect and hitting the apex everytime over. btw i play on real in R3E so u can see my devotion to becoming a better sim racer.

Could anyone please help me figure this out. and please don't tell me there's a ton of info on the web. I even tried the setting from the topic here with the nice screenshots of the settings in the profiler and ingame but that didn't do the trick for me. even tried contacting the support but up until now i received no feedback from them.

really hope someone can help me out here.

I'm playing this on win 8.1 with an 8 core amd and an R290x 4 GB GPU.

Cheers Jonas

Turn off Gamepad rumble it disables your wheels force feedback, had the same issue checked this thread, didn't find an answer, solved it myself and came back to help you out if you haven't fixed it yourself.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 339 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%