Force Feedback not working properly

Hey guys.

First off i'm new here and pretty new to the sim racing in general. been enjoying racegames for many years and wanted to up my game so i bought myself a brand new G27 Racing wheel (didn't want to spend tons of cash but wanted something good to start with) and downloaded R3E..... been enjoying the game for over a month now and love it in general.

The only real issue i have now is the force feedback isn't working properly. i can feel the spring and it give's me some real racing feeling, but i don't feel any rumble or feeling my car going into spin or what not. i have this feeling in other game's like Dirt3 where the rumble of the road is nearly perfect after tweaking some settings.

I have looked everywhere and changed every setting ingame and on profiler to see if it changes things but unfortunatly it doesn't.

The main reason i went into simracing is because i wanted to become better at something i love without going all at it IRL. the arcade race game's don't deliver me the thrill of me being able to take a corner perfect and hitting the apex everytime over. btw i play on real in R3E so u can see my devotion to becoming a better sim racer.

Could anyone please help me figure this out. and please don't tell me there's a ton of info on the web. I even tried the setting from the topic here with the nice screenshots of the settings in the profiler and ingame but that didn't do the trick for me. even tried contacting the support but up until now i received no feedback from them.

really hope someone can help me out here.

I'm playing this on win 8.1 with an 8 core amd and an R290x 4 GB GPU.

Cheers Jonas

nope reinstalling the game or profiler didn't change anything.

Beginning to think this is hopeless. Can't get the damn FFB working right. i don't ask much. don't want to feel the engine vibration or the kerbs but would like to feel when the car loses traction like it does on other games.

And yes i'm having trouble getting this wheel setup for RFactor2 as well there it's seeing the wheel and it says profile loaded but i have no input what so ever.

Could the problem be with my USB 3.0 drivers or something. i really have no idea what to do next.

Cheers anyway for everyone trieing to help me out really appreciate it.

I've just switched from a DFGT to T300....and I've been having trouble getting it dialled in, however I am getting somewhere, I have done the thing where I try each setting to see what it does, and I'm getting closer to a balance...I have the sensation of loss of traction, and loss of grip under braking too, I just think I need to get used to the wheel also...(hate the pedals, I preferred the DFGT with a squash ball mod)

I realise it may not help much being different wheels, but I'll post my settings later...

You should basically feel nothing if you turn FFB intensity and Steering Force Intensity to 0%...If that's the case we may be able to get somewhere. (I brought FFB intensity back to 100% then started tuning the steering forces) But if it feels the same, I think we could say for certain that something is most definitely way wrong.

I take it you have tried other USB ports, not just the USB 3 ones??

This I would recommend too, but as it's working in other games I'm not having much hope of that making a difference.
But, have you tried deleting the R3E folder under your "Documents" in your Windows User profile? At work atm so cant find the exact path atm, but will get back with it later today if you can't find it.

I've just switched from a DFGT to T300....and I've been having trouble getting it dialled in, however I am getting somewhere, I have done the thing where I try each setting to see what it does, and I'm getting closer to a balance...I have the sensation of loss of traction, and loss of grip under braking too, I just think I need to get used to the wheel also...(hate the pedals, I preferred the DFGT with a squash ball mod)

I realise it may not help much being different wheels, but I'll post my settings later...

You should basically feel nothing if you turn FFB intensity and Steering Force Intensity to 0%...If that's the case we may be able to get somewhere. (I brought FFB intensity back to 100% then started tuning the steering forces) But if it feels the same, I think we could say for certain that something is most definitely way wrong.

This I would recommend too, but as it's working in other games I'm not having much hope of that making a difference.
But, have you tried deleting the R3E folder under your "Documents" in your Windows User profile? At work atm so cant find the exact path atm, but will get back with it later today if you can't find it.

yep have tried other USB ports, don't have 2.0 so don't know if that would make a difference.

And yes have tried removing the entire raceroom folder in my documents. except that i need to readjust the settings it doesn't make any difference at all.

I don't suppose my settings will help trobawl, in fact the really aggressive centering, is doing my head in. I didn't notice it so much with the DFGT but yeah with T300 it's nasty. it's what I've been trying to dial out the centering force in the TM driver doesn't seem to change anything.

Tbh my settings aren't that different to anyone else really....WIP

FFB Intensity - 90
Steering Force - 135
Understeer - 90
Vertical - 125
Lateral - 80
Rack - 0
Engine - 0
Brake - 0
Kerb - 50
Shift - 80

No Damping or Spring in the Driver, Force at 60%.

Last edited:
The career is damn hard tough. And the ai is so dumb. Was racing the straith and wanker ai clipped me from behind so i spun out. Got back to him in the next corner. Wait till i see him in the pits. :)

Signed up on theie forum but cant create a thread there. Have made a ticket last friday but no response yet. Still trieing to get it sorted. Still a shame cuz the game itself is awesome.

FFB, is really putting me off r3e right now...it's not all bad, but since having the t300, I can't help but feel a little disappointed (I think the wheel is showing up the flaws) ...where as the ffb in AC now is better now I have the t300.

I thought I was getting somewhere, but it now seems not.

Last edited:
It's not a bug, that's just how the FFB is in this game, lacking info from the road surface or friction of the tires. You can adapt to it and have fun, but you can't ever fix it.

I´ve a Thrustmaster TX and the feeling of the road surface is excellent in R3E, right from the beginning. I didn´t tweak much (in contrast to AC). But i hate DOR 900 and much more like values around 460° in R3E. And there should be low damper settings, because it has nothing to do with the car dampers.

The career is damn hard tough. And the ai is so dumb. Was racing the straith and wanker ai clipped me from behind so i spun out. Got back to him in the next corner. Wait till i see him in the pits. :)

R3E have IMHO the best AI i know. If it´s hitting you from behind, you are to slow for the AI-level is my experience. Imagine a real race and one driver is breaking to early.

Last edited:
I´ve a Thrustmaster TX and the feeling of the road surface is excellent in R3E, right from the beginning. I didn´t tweak much (in contrast to AC). But i hate DOR 900 and much more like values around 460° in R3E. And there should be low damper settings, because it has nothing to do with the car dampers.

I've come to the realization that there's probably something wrong with my T300RS which could be part of the problem. I feel big bumps and such, but in between bumps there is no feeling from the road surface. It was the same on my Fanatec GT3 RS. In comparison, if you try GSCE on just about any given track your wheel is constantly giving you feedback about the road surface. If you then switch directly to R3E you'll wonder what's wrong with your wheel. :O_o: AC is somewhere in between the two.

R3E have IMHO the best AI i know. If it´s hitting you from behind, you are to slow for the AI-level is my experience. Imagine a real race and one driver is breaking to early.

I agree completely. If I'm getting hit from behind by the AI it tells me I'm taking that turn too slow. I learn how to take it faster and suddenly I stop getting rammed. I actually think it's a good learning tool, helped me to be faster around several tracks. And beating the AI in R3E is a genuine accomplishment and makes you feel a bit like a "driving god". :cool:

FFB, is really putting me off r3e right now...it's not all bad, but since having the t300, I can't help but feel a little disappointed (I think the wheel is showing up the flaws) ...where as the ffb in AC now is better now I have the t300.

I thought I was getting somewhere, but it now seems not.
LOL, I'm quite the opposite, while I find AC FFB better with my CSW v2 than my old wheel, I still feel that R3E takes the top spot on FFB on my wheel. Older titles like rF1 and GSCE, especially with RealFeel, feel crude and awful with my wheel, the FFB is too violent and there's too many things happening which is not related to weight transfer and/or grip. That said I haven't tried tweaking it much since I find myself spending my time on R3E, iRacing and occasionally AC and pCars rather than trying to fix something which feels broken.

think it all come's down to preference.

Preference and perspective. If I haven't played any other sim recently then R3E feels good and I enjoy it, but if I go from GSCE or AC directly to R3E then R3E feels not good in comparison and it takes a while to adapt to it. However, it doesn't go the other way, if I play R3E first and then switch to AC or GSCE they both feel fine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back