Resource icon

DiRT Rally Force Feedback Mod Mashup 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
mindsignals submitted a new resource:

Force Feedback Mod Mashup - Mod originally based on IMPACT 7.0 and another friend's settings

I created this mashup based on the effect file of IMPACT 7.0, a scale-up of the FFB profile from LAR555, and both profiler and effect settings of Nonbinary Polyamorous Wolfling.

The profile is meant for a G27 with a larger aftermarket wheel due to the heavier weight (I have a 337.5 mm Sparco wheel), but should work well for the G27 in general. The idea was to capture the vibration of the road from TemplarGFX's effects, the slippage and countersteering feel from NPW's effects and profile,...

Read more about this resource...

Is it possible to get that rattle effect at the beginning (holding down the handbrake and put some pedal to the metal) (i love that :) )?
Great Mod. It really is an upgrade... :thumbsup:

mindsignals updated Force Feedback Mod Mashup with a new update entry:

Quieter profile!!! Modest tweaks.

While I have loved this profile, I have been trying to get it to keep most of the feel without most of the constant clanging. It worked great with headphones but when using speakers, not so much.

The only changes I have made are to the effectsetup_v2.xml file. Please copy the old one in case you wish to revert and place the new one in the appropriate location (described in the instructions). There is still a good bit of vibration, but with considerably less rattling noise. Additionally,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

mindsignals updated Force Feedback Mod Mashup with a new update entry:

Bringing back the feeling!

Version 1.2 update - the quiet profile was a failure...simply too much sensation lost. However, I have continued to tweak it considerably and believe I'm approaching a good balance. The profile is definitely towards the noisier side again so it favors closed headphones, but the feel is definitely getting there. Having purchased an STI and taking it offroad on dirt, gravel, and sand has definitely helped me better tune this profile to achieve the feel I get in there as a casual offroader!...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 218 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.7%
  • < 5 years