• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Force AI to use custom setups

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Giovaneveterano, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +440
    Hi, after 2 full years playing Assetto Corsa I still don't enjoy offline racing as much as I do online.
    Except for some combinations of track/car that are a real challenge, the AI at 100% still doesn't put me on the limit for the entire race, I suppose mainly for a bad tyre selection and wrong gearbox settings.

Is there a way to force the AI using custom setups?
    I found a couple of methods online but none of them works.

I appreciate any answer.
    Cheers,
    Federico

• Like Like x 1
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius
    Premium

Ratings:
    +373
    Make a setup like any other and save it as "ai_default" (per track). From the next session on given track the AI will use most setup choices you set, they will decide themselves over tyres and fuel however.

• Like Like x 3
  3. schrep1964

schrep1964
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Good tip. I have 700 plus hours in AC and I always wandered how to tune the AI per track. Did not know about this one. Thanks.

4. R48

R48

Ratings:
    +4
    Has anyone got this to work? I'm probably misunderstanding something. I go to a race weekend and in the first practice session create a setup in the garage and save it as "ai_default". When I exit the track and reenter the practice session the AI doesn't seem to use it. It uses it's original gearing. What am I doing wrong?

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius
    Premium

Ratings:
    +373
    Did you save the name without " ? The game looks for a setup named ai_default in your profile, looks like this in the ...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt:

Code:
    Looking for AI setups in:
    Drive:\Documents/Assetto Corsa/setups/ks_mclaren_650_gt3/spa/ai_default.ini
    system/setups/ks_mclaren_650_gt3/spa/ai_default.ini
    SetupManager::load: Drive:\Documents/Assetto Corsa/setups/ks_mclaren_650_gt3/spa/ai_default.ini

6. R48

R48

Ratings:
    +4
    I didn't use the quotes. I can find the same info in my log.txt after I make a setup, but when I enter practice on a race weekend it doesn't work. They still use the same gearing. I'm not sure what is wrong.
    Btw, are you able to choose what boost you want the AI to run on cars with adjustable turbos?

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius
    Premium

Ratings:
    +373
    Sorry for the late answer. It should work both in theory (as AI doesn't adjust gearing on their own at all) and to my own experience (I thought), but I guess I'll have to have a closer look and test this a bit more for my own AI presets too. Unless it doesn't use the ai_default setup at all for some reason it should work. Maybe an issue report on the official forums is in order.

There's one thing that might indicate that it doesn't really work with gearing right now and that is that Kunos indicated that the next patch with new AI code will also fix issues the AI had with adjusting to gear ratios. But I don't really know how that will play out yet. I'll test that out before and after the patch.

As for turbo adjustment, no - one of the few settings AI adjusts/overrides themselves (well - adjusts always to the default value I think? Not sure). Personally I'd like to push Kunos to implement a setting to lock this (as this really helps with virtual BoP) or all setup settings really, we'll see if they do at some point.

8. R48

R48

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the response. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

• Like Like x 1