DiRT Rally for the love of god please add mouse navigation

It seems quite silly to no have something as simple as mouse navigation. I understand that some people like the keyboard navigation but thats surely the minority. Why not the option for both?

For the love of GOD please keep the mouseless navigation :D

Name one single car in history with a mouse :roflmao:

car-blue-mouse2.jpg

I'm talking about navigating menus not driving the cars.
By default, I found that I'm able to completely navigate everything in the menus with the buttons on my wheel. I love it because I never have to reach for the mouse. I also discovered that when I pause a replay, I can then use my gas and brake pedals to slowly advance or rewind the replay. I thought that was very cool.

I too have figured out to use my CSR buttons for just about everything. I kind of like it in that I don't have to reach forward to my mouse. That being said, the option for both should be a minimum. Nothing screams "PORTED FROM CONSOLES" more than mouseless navigation...

Agreed. F1 2010-2015 are equally annoying. But this is the way they make it for easy console porting.

And what's it with all the personal insults on here these days? Poor admins have enough work to do already. People should be able to converse without getting personal in my opinion. 2 posts removed already in this short thread alone, and I've spotted some others lately as well.

There's a bit about mouse support here that you'll enjoy reading.

" We’ve continued to work on the Finland Update and that is all going well but something we haven’t spoken about yet is Mouse Support. This has been a hot topic on many of the forums and is something that we have struggled to implement on previous titles. We have however looked at how we can get mouse support working in our menus and the results have been promising. In fact, based on what I have seen in the studio we are looking good to get support in for our next big update. It’s another one of those features that we have looked to implement because you guys have asked for it so I’m really looking forward to getting it in your hands. "

I hate the navigation and a game with this kind of navigation always worries me as it smacks of PURE CONSOLE, WTF are buttons 4, 5 & 6 etc. I have T500 buttons mapped to some functions and G13 for others, I don't have a clue what the button #'s equate to that appear on screen, if you must use that kind of navigation use buttons\keys that mean something or at least allow them to be redefined and then change the icon to match, FULL mouse navigation is the proper way to go, I am an Adult on a PC's not a kid on a Console!

While on the subject of navigation am I the only one that can't cancel out of a Hill Climb?, if I want to restart a Hill Climb the only way I have found is to spin round and get DQ'd, the ESC doesn't seem to work but it does in Rally.

Could you also get rid of the damn mouse pointer appearing in the middle of stages!!!

Those used to playing the F1 games know this is juts lazy dev work, the game is designed for consoles as every damn game really is now, so using controllers is their default setting.

Can't be hard to allow some level of PC control, but our market is miniscule compared to those money pit console kids! So we will ahve to put up with it as they wont be bothered about making the game better for us

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%