For all the SimRacing junkies...

Hey there folks!

I've been around the Sim scene for a bit more than 10 years now. I came through tons of games, starting with LFS, through F1 Challenge, rFactor 1/2, iRacing, GTR Evo, currently AC and pretty much anything that comes to your mind when you hear the term Racing Simulator. So I've been watching a few videos about GSC, and of course you can't define precisely how the car ACTUALLY handles in your hands as most of the videos on youtube are driven far off the limit of the car (as far as I've seen). So my question would be to all of you, who are great lovers of the genre:

What does it handle like compared to the rest of the games? In terms of Force Feedback and gripping. I am especially interested in Open Wheelers, as there isn't much to mess up on the rest of the cars, I reckon. How does the car act on the limit? Does it handle 4 wheel slides into sharper turns well? How is the netcode and collision detection? What is the online community like? How are the servers, in terms of variety of comboes and popularity? Or would I just end up running with the AI all day long? What about leagues, in and outside of RD?

I guess those are the most important questions that cover the worthy of a Simulation game for me. I would be grateful if someone could sum all of that up, either subjectively based only on the game itself, or in comparision even.

Thanks in advance!

I think the force feedback is some of the best I've felt. Servers are early days but RD'll have regular events coming up (there's also a league starting in December and more planned for early 2014) so don't worry about that. If you do get stuck with AI though, they are actually quite good. I've had some fun races with the AI.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back