Football (Soccer) Thread

922491_4913800610440_1612123052_o.jpg

Van Bommel retired today from active football duty :(

He ended his career in his own style with a red card :).
Mark+van+Bommel+ROOD.jpg

Actually, I don't understand why Germany has a different way of assigning stars above club logos than most other countries. 23 championships would give only 2 stars in most other European countries.
Every 10 championships one star is awarded. (That's why Ajax has 3, PSV 2 and Feyenoord 1. (There's another team with one star. but that's an unknown amateur team (HVV)))

Reactions: Tom
Probably the first CL final I've looked forward to watching. Thought the ref should have sent of Ribery in the first half for the 2 attempted elbows on Lewandowski, then in the 2nd half he completely bottled it with Dante, clear yellow card or even a straight red. Had they been sent off, I think Bayern would have been waiting another year.

Least it appears Robben has discovered he has teammates on the pitch, and he was actually tracking back :O

Probably the first CL final I've looked forward to watching. Thought the ref should have sent of Ribery in the first half for the 2 attempted elbows on Lewandowski, then in the 2nd half he completely bottled it with Dante, clear yellow card or even a straight red. Had they been sent off, I think Bayern would have been waiting another year.

Least it appears Robben has discovered he has teammates on the pitch, and he was actually tracking back :O

Lest not forget Lewandowski should've been sent off as well. Dante could've been sent off - so it's 1:1 in terms of clear red cards. :)

I thought Dante had to go, I mean that was denying a goal scoring opportunity :p I missed the thing with Lewandowski, did he stamp on Alaba/Boateng?

Yep, right on the ankle. Seeing that he stood on it before he knew what he was doing.

Then again, it wasn't much of an opportunity and obviously not intentional - so I guess sending Dante off would've been too much.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%