Football (Soccer) Thread

Joey Zyla

@Simberia
I don't know if it's been created before, but here we go! A thread for discussing Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, MLS, Eredivisie, J-League, A-League, or whatever soccer competition you wish.

The teams that I love the most are Sunderland and Portland Timbers, but a win for Twente or Sanfrecce is always good as well!

Turkish Super League has possibly one of the most exciting competitions of this year. Only 12 points seperates the 1st and 13th!

You can check the league table here, actually it is a good site to keep the track of all of the football leagues around the world. :)

Well now Wesley Sneijder signed with Galatasaray I am sure we will get to see some more Turkish football over here.

Don't understand why a player that has his best years still to come chooses for that competition with all respect.

Don't understand why a player that has his best years still to come chooses for that competition with all respect.

Totally share the same question. A star footballer never have managed to be succesful in Turkish league before. It's very ungentlemen in terms of tackling and referees are terrible. For example, Ricardo Queresma was kicked from 1000s spots on his leg in one year. And now he has gone to a Middle Eastern league. :rolleyes:

About Sneijder: They say that his wife urged him as she loves Turkey :D

Lol yes his wife. Oh well you will read it in the paper.

When she was still on TV she once recorded a film (humor) playing a suppressed turkish woman.

Not sure if conservative turks will find it very amuzing though.

Age restriction and Tom's comment... Better stay away from that video :D

Sneijder has arrived to Istanbul today. What a hype at the aiport! People has nothing to do it seems... :rolleyes:

Let's see if he will be an exception or become a typical "wasted-in-turkish-league" star.

Ole Marius Myrvold

It's something like "F.C"
"Spor Kulubü" means "Sports club" and instead of using this long phrase, we add just "spor" to the end of city names. :)

That red card was a joke, that kid deserved to be kicked a lot harder than that. He blatantly tries to delay the game and Hazard was only trying to get the ball from him, until the kid fell onto the ball and wouldn't let go Hazard wasn't doing a thing wrong.

Besides I find it hard to believe Abramovic would sell Hazard for this questionable play considering some of the "questionable" things he's done himself.

Go Bradford, screw those cheating ***** Swansea.

That red card was a joke, that kid deserved to be kicked a lot harder than that. He blatantly tries to delay the game and Hazard was only trying to get the ball from him, until the kid fell onto the ball and wouldn't let go Hazard wasn't doing a thing wrong.

Besides I find it hard to believe Abramovic would sell Hazard for this questionable play considering some of the "questionable" things he's done himself.

Go Bradford, screw those cheating ***** Swansea.

I see some other saying this. But if a player from one team did the same, and he got kicked, would that be OK?

Basics are: You don't kick anyone, what so ever. If there are one thing that frustrates me about football, it is the fact that you are allowed to do so much rubbish that you would get in serious trouble for if you did outside the arena.

I completely agree that the kid did delay the game, and didn't try to get the game going. But that is no frigging excuse for kicking.

Oh, and go Bradford indeed! Underdogs FTW!

Yeah sure you don't kick anyone but he tried to delay the game, in favour of his team, and that's why I think most people (including me) think he deserved just that.

Hi! I love football either and i love Real Madrid :D
I am madridista with member card either

Greetings to everyone who supports Real Madrid :thumbsup: ;)

545715_4410022896452_527750032_n.jpg

I see some other saying this. But if a player from one team did the same, and he got kicked, would that be OK?

Basics are: You don't kick anyone, what so ever. If there are one thing that frustrates me about football, it is the fact that you are allowed to do so much rubbish that you would get in serious trouble for if you did outside the arena.

I completely agree that the kid did delay the game, and didn't try to get the game going. But that is no frigging excuse for kicking.

Oh, and go Bradford indeed! Underdogs FTW!
If this was a player I'd say the player who wastes time gets a yellow and the player that kicked him gets a yellow, I don't see how this play was a red card and 3+ game suspension. Btw if you think footballers get away with stuff on the pitch that they wouldn't outside of it then watch hockey, fights are 5 minutes in the box and then you continue playing, you can get into three fights in the same game before you get kicked out (not suspended either). People also have to understand that although Hazard maybe shouldn't have done that, the ball boy brought it on himself. Hazard didn't go over to him with the intentions of kicking him, he didn't do anything until the ball boy started to act like an ass. If you poke a bear and the bear attacks you, is it the bear's fault for being violent or your fault for poking him? Hazard didn't do anything until he was "poked" which is why I don't see why 95% of the blame is directed towards him.

You also have to remember "this kid" is as old as I am, 17, and 17 year olds are smart enough to know better then to do what he did. Hazard didn't intend on kicking the ball boy either he was aiming for the ball and from that camera angle it didn't look like he kicked the ball boy, besides if that kick seriously hurt you I feel sorry for you. With all the layers he had on too I don't even know how he'd feel it let alone cry on the ground for 5 minutes.

The ball boy was in the wrong. Their function is to supply the ball so that play can resume quickly. If holding up play is what their function really is, then there really is no point in them being there.

It was a little kick aswell. He was just trying to kick the ball away from him so that he could get on with things.

I never said it is wrong to kick a kid, I said it's wrong to kick anyone. What so ever.

I cannot see a single reason that justifies giving other a kick, it might be a small kick, or a kick meant to hurt someone seriously. You just don't kick another person, what so ever.

I have no problems seeing that Hazard got frustrated, I would've been as well. But you just don't do these things. And if it somehow would've been allowed. Please give me a clear line to follow. What kicks are allowed, what kicks are not allowed. Intent to hurt? Unlucky that someone got hurt? Or what?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%