1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Folds Of Honor 250 March 03/2017 8pm EST

Discussion in 'Xbox One | NASCAR Friday Night Heat Series' started by Michael Watts, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium

Ratings:
    +1,060
    Folds of Honor
    QuickTrip 250

Atlanta Motor Speedway
    March 3rd @8pm EST

[​IMG]
    Practice 3%
    Qualifying 3%
    Race 50%
    Sim Physics
    Custom Setups
    CAUTION SPEED 55mph

Entry List
    1.Bob Warren, Peak/Menards Chevy SS #27
    2.Michael Watts, Comcast Toyota Camry #19
    3.Lucas Gortman, Dollar General Toyota Camry #20
    4.Shawn Gortman, Furniture Row Toyota Camry #78
    5. Kyle Hrabal, Miller Lite Ford Fusion #2
    6. Ridge Heiler, Nationwide Chevy SS #88
    7. Robert Waddell, Motorcraft Ford Fusion #21
    8. Thomas Scoggins, Dow Chevy SS #3
    9.Nicholas Raill, Can-Am Ford Fusion #32
    10. Rick Gilbert, Busch Beer Chevy SS #4
    11. Rebal Whitey, Napa Parts Chevy SS #24** Possible Entry
    12 Colin Pappas, Smithfield Ford Fusion #43** Possible Entry

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. omracer

omracer

Ratings:
    +18
    I'm in - #27 Peak Menard - omracer

• Love Love x 1
  3. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,060
    Mike Watts #19 Toyota Camry

4. Lucas Gortman

Lucas Gortman

Ratings:
    +67
    Lucas Gortman #20 Toyota Camry

• Like Like x 1
  5. Colin Pappas

Colin Pappas

Ratings:
    +20
    Colin Pappas # 43 Air Force Ford

By the way, is there anyway anyone might be able to help me out with a little bit of tuning?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,060
    I'd be happy to help you out Colin, just message me in the evening. I have the Xbox App on my phone so I can get messages sent to me even when I'm not online.

• Like Like x 1
  7. omracer

omracer

Ratings:
    +18
    Glad to run laps, compare notes , help or chat racing anytime I'm on. Just message me or I usually leave my lobby open to join if I am on ....

• Like Like x 2
  8. Colin Pappas

Colin Pappas

Ratings:
    +20
    If either of you are online tonight, I might be able to try some stuff out. After listening to how fast people were at Daytona, I felt a little slow lol.

9. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,060
    big Rick was nice enough to post post his setup in the club section on Xbox for talledega/ Daytona

• Like Like x 1
  10. omracer

omracer

Ratings:
    +18
    Ya , that set up looks familiar and is fast , but I found it to be a bit unstable in the pack... Does Rick use a wheel or controller Mike ?... By the way, Congrats on the win Fri. nite and looking forward to the rest of the schedule... a little less chatter would help to hear the caution calls and listen to keeping things in order when realigning for restarts... Great job , it ain't easy............

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,060
    I think everybody did pretty good with the restarts and cautions. Rick uses a wheel from he said.

12. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,060
    Well I'm kind of at a loss this today as my Dad has suddenly passed of a heart attack last night. I feel like I need to race but I've got a lot on my plate right now.

• Sad Sad x 1
  13. omracer

omracer

Ratings:
    +18
    Sorry for your loss Michael , take time to be with family and God bless.

14. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +2,861
    Very sorry to hear Michael. If I can help out here in any way, just let me know.

In for Atlanta.

15. Lucas Gortman

Lucas Gortman

Ratings:
    +67
    I'm sorry to hear about that Mike. Thoughts and prayers go out to your whole family.

16. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,060
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,861
    First of all, it was with a heavy heart that I raced with on Friday night due to you family circumstances Mike, and I hope something is making sense. To the extent we were able to take your mind off of it, all the better.
    Another great race. Lots of scrapping throughout, with lines respected and the occasional lag, but usually nail biting re-starts and then trying to make up time (my downfall). Glad to see more people too!
    Started in back. The start was very orderly, and I just aimed to stay with the pack. In fact, settled into a groove trying to bang out solo fast laps. With 148 to go, there was a caution. Didn't catch it, but restarted 7th or so. Then a few laps later, all hell broke loose in front of me. Cars flipping and bouncing off walls. Got through it, restart 4th so getting more confident. Fell back to 7-9, which is where I would run on long runs due to speed differences. But it was a back and forth for sure.
    Much of the race was spent battling Rebel Whitey. Shout out to Rebel, as he was a great opponent, with aggressive but fair moves all throughout. That's what makes it fun.
    More riding around inthe meddle part of the race, some more cautions, then coming into turn __, bam, out of nowhere the DeWalt car was facing me from the wall witha a car on my left. Violent collision. lol. Both drivers deceased, but we raced on.
    Lots of action in the end if you are interested. I got luckly on the last pit stop and went stayed out, but it was a toss up either way from 5-9. Look forward to more.

Hope this link works, otherwise you can visit my twitch channel: OctoberDusk06.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,060
    You had a good race Robert, we need to work on your setup a bit but that last restart was pretty good. Timed it just right until you got hit but still managed to save it. I was happy to have been racing with all my friends Friday Night. Really surprised to finish where I finished with my wheel issues. I appreciate everyone coming out and hope we can get a few more for the next race.

19. omracer

omracer

Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks again Rob for the video , great learning tool for sure. Great restart on that last lap was a classic move inside and got you some well earned points.. I call that getting snookered by a great move , lol....
    Fun race and looking forward to Vegas.

20. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,861
    Yea, ain't that the truth. Me and NASCAR setups are like oil and water. I'll take a setup session anytime. About all I know is that softening the springs, raising the tire pressure, and bottoming out the ride height is generally good for qualifying. Big mystery for me is, first off -- what does the game get right and what does it not. I have no reference racing on an oval, but Atlanta was a good experiment, because one turn's approach was so different than the other.

• Like Like x 1