FM7 FM7 Set to Make Substantial Improvements for Windows 10 PC

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsport 7 1.jpg

Forza Motorsport 7 confirm solid list of supported equipment on PC, minimum specification PC hardware and a renewed focus on bringing the Window 10 PC Forza Experience to life..

We all know the upcoming Forza Motorsport 7 game will debut on Windows 10 PC later this year, however after hit and miss attempts with Apex and Horizon 3, Turn 10 Studios claim the PC platform is their "top priority", and as such have gone to great lengths to ensure the experience of Forza Motorsport 7 on PC is as optimised and enjoyable as possible when the game comes out later in the year.

Introducing a substantial list of supported peripherals for the new game (lesson one learnt from Apex) and with the promise of a vast improvement on performance across a number of different machine specifications (lesson two from Horizon 3), Turn 10 and Microsoft appear to be going about the business of breaking into the PC gaming world in a much more robust and organised fashion that has previously been the case. With such heavyweight rivals as Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, RaceRoom and Project CARS all vying for the dominant racing game position, it will have to be a very strong start out of the box for Turn 10 to finally win over the sceptical sim racing PC public if FM7 is to survive past the initially curiosity stage this time around.

Showing plenty of confidence in the new product, Turn 10 have resurrected something long forgotten in the world of the modern video game industry... a demo! Yes, you heard it right, a demo for Forza Motorsport 7 on PC will be made available prior to the game launching later this year, so you will be able to try before you buy! How refreshing is that?

From the developers themselves:

"At Turn 10 Studios, PC gamers are a top priority, and as such, we have invested significant time to ensure Forza Motorsport 7 offers the best possible experience on Windows 10 PCs and is accessible to millions of more players. Together with our state-of-the art ForzaTech engine, both Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3 helped us quickly learn what’s needed to create a successful PC racing game – such as support for a wide range of PC setups and racing wheels. Since Forza Horizon 3 launched in September 2016, we’ve continued to make improvements to the PC version of the game, with updates to the Windows 10 PC demo, that we’re also applying to Forza Motorsport 7".
Benefitting from lower system demand and "build from the ground up for Windows 10 PC's", the new title could well be that all too rare of things in the racing game world, a title that simply works out of the box.

Minimum Spec
720p
30 fps
8 GB System RAM
i5-750 @ 2.67 GHz Intel CPU
FX-6300 AMD CPU
GT 740 / GTX 650 NV GPU
R7 250X AMD GPU
2GB VRAM

Recommended
1080p 60 fps
8 GB System RAM
i5-4460 @ 3.2 GHz Intel CPU
FX-8350 In AMD CPU
GTX 670 / GTX 1050 Ti NV GPU
RX 560 AMD GPU
4 GB VRAM

Ideal (Ultra)
4K 60 fps
16 GB System RAM
i7-6700K @ 4 GHz Intel CPU
Ryzen 7 AMD CPU
GTX 1080 NV GPU
RX Vega 64 AMD GPU
8 GB VRAM

Ultrabook (Mobile)
720p
30 fps
8 GB System RAM
i5-6200U or better Intel CPU
Intel HD 520 or better Integrated GPU

Supported Peripherals
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Gamepad
  • Microsoft Xbox One Controller Gamepad
  • Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller Gamepad
  • Microsoft Xbox One S/X Controller Gamepad
  • Sony Dual Shock 4 Gamepad
  • Fanatec CSR Wheel
  • Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel
  • Fanatec ClubSport V2 Wheel
  • Fanatec ClubSport V1 Wheel
  • Fanatec CSL Wheel
  • Fanatec ClubSport V2.5 Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Wheel
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro Wheel
  • Logitech G25 Wheel
  • Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel
  • Logitech G27 Wheel
  • Logitech MOMO Wheel
  • Logitech G920 Wheel
  • Thrustmaster RGT Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T100 Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Int Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T150 Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T150 Pro Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TX 458 Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel
  • Thrustmaster 458 Spider Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TMX Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TMX Pro Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TS-Xbox Wheel
  • Mad Catz Pro Wheel

Forza Motorsport 7 will release on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Windows 10 PC October 3rd 2017.

Forza Motorsport 7 2.jpg
Forza Motorsport 7 3.jpg
Forza Motorsport 7 4.jpg
Forza Motorsport 7 5.jpg

Check out the new Forza Motorsport 7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions as more details reveal on this exciting new title. Join in with the community, catch up on the news and have yourself an exciting time while we await the game launch on October 3rd.

Forza Motorsport 7 on PC, instant winner or recipe for disaster? Can the popular Forza style of game transfer and be accepted by the often rather difficult to please PC crowd? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

samcar304

Premium
I just need to know if its gonna have multiple input support... A lot of people mismatch their peripherals I hope they cater to this...

If it does it will be an Insta buy for me. Coming from Forza 3 and 4 on the 360 i'd spent so much time on them and enjoyed every minute from racing through all the AI champs to goofing with my friends on Fujimi Kaido (Best track ever) or playing tag online with a bunch of randoms. Fun times.

Last edited:
Turn 10 and Microsoft have some slick marketing practices which, historically speaking, tend to have no bearing on the end product so I'll just wait and see. Releasing a demo however, is putting your money where your mouth is so I'll be checking that out.

What about fanatec pedals?? They would be dumb to miss the boat on this new release. I think a lot of people in the pc sim racing world are ready to give this one a go. Come on Turn 10..... lets get it right this time!!

bring it on! I'm ready

I hope it will be possible to change FOV on cockpit camera, and adjust the steering wheel rotation so that I can do more then 180 degrees

those were only 2 things preventing me from playing from cockpitview in Forza Horizon3
Exactly, especially the FOV, after all these years would be more than welcome. Something inside is telling me, however, that it won't happen and they didn't learn from PC as much as they are claiming.

Can't help but notice that the Thrustmaster shifters are absent from that list.

No multiple input support means no buy from me. Full stop. All those sexy classic cars are absolutely worthless without a gated shifter.

Anyone know if it'll support VR?
If You said, I dont buy it...For what the hell is second question about VR support? So...You buy or not? No...You say...hmmm...this apple is not red enough for me...Ou, is sweet or not? I hope, in this moment, You are good and fast runner...

shimon.ifraimov

De-activated on request
calm your tits everyone, it was said already that they support multi usb support.
-edition of new dash cam
-ps4 controller\wheels support
-hint for a demo #stay tuned
-hint for f1 car #stay tuned
-driver gear - earn over 300 racing suites and gear
-21:9 support
-wheel spins might come back #staytuned

there are still lots of things for them to do and add to the game.

6:44

#dosomeresearch

Last edited:
Can't help but notice that the Thrustmaster shifters are absent from that list.

No multiple input support means no buy from me. Full stop. All those sexy classic cars are absolutely worthless without a gated shifter.

Anyone know if it'll support VR?
@samcar304

Wait, there's a way to play with multiple input!
If I'm not wrong, using a third party app like Joy2key or XPadder, you're able to assign the keys to a second/third peripheral, such as H-shifter or even EDTracker (which is the closer thing to VR but without glasses). I tried it with Apex and it worked with EDTracker.

p.s.
Hoping to try a demo first...

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000