1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

FM5: First look at laserscanned Bathurst

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 5' started by Bram, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

FM5: First look at laserscanned Bathurst

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  2. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

0:15
    "It's got the fastest touring car corner in the world."

It's not really a corner is it, it's more of a straight with risks.
    Also, wouldn't the Nordschleife have the fastest corner, with the kink in the back straight?

3. What is the point to laser scan the tracks for a sim-cade game?

4. @ Predrag Drobac. To give PC Sim snobs like you one less stick to bash it with....

5. Richard Pittam

Richard Pittam
    Premium Member

The track can be as realistic as you like but if you haven't got a wheel (which XBOX has done well to rid all legacy ones) than it's all fruitless.

6. The entrance to the Chase is by no means an easy corner. Taken flat at close to 300km/h in a V8 Supercar, the drivers are forced to go onto the little apron on the left hand side to get the optimal line through the corner, and soon after they go around the corner they have to be hard on the brakes, usually with the car still unsettled. Sure, by no means the hardest corner, but certainly not the easiest either.

RE the Nordschleife, well in theory you're probably right, except that I don't think there are any touring cars that race on the Nordschleife AND do 300km/h... correct me if I'm wrong though.

On another (related) note, usually they don't use this claim of 'the fastest touring car corner in the world'. In the build up to the Bathurst 1000 one of the repeated phrases is that it's 'the fastest corner in Australia', which is correct, but I suspect they used the probably correct but slightly less legitimate claim of being the fastest corner for touring cars in the world in this XBox/Forza promotion because... well it's a Forza promotional video... and 'in the world' is more impressive than 'in Australia'...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1