1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flying Vehicles

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Michael Bryant, Feb 22, 2010.

1. I've seen in various tracks flying helicopters, airplanes and blimps...very cool. Anyone know how these are placed in BTB?
  2. If the objects are static, the only thing you have to do is adjust their altitude with the XPacker. I haven't got the XPacker here, but I know there is a tab where you can adjust the altitude above ground. Fiddle around with the XPacker, because that tab is not hard to find.

As for moving objects, that's a different kettle of fish. I'll leave that to the serious experts.
  3. I use 3Dsimed to put into the track some TV screen with BIK movies into.

There are many options in 3Dsimed to make original effects
  5. thanks gwaldock,
    i guess that could be RotateX or Z too, and the xxx is the speed from 0 to 1 right?
  6. You may be right about objects moving along their X or Z axis, although I do not recall encountering it. The last digits definitely define speed; I have even seen these with a negative value.
  7. My daughter showed me how to do that in the online game Second Life. She put a rotate script inside of a transparent sphere then connects whatever she wants to fly around to the sphere with transparent prims. So it looks like the object is flying around on its own, but actually just rotating using the sphere. The script is nothing but a rotate script using X or Y and a speed from 0 to 1.0 Z is used for altitude in this game. Could be something simular but then totally different I guess. Don't under stand scripting or the 3d environment very well. I guess you would have to do something like that in BTB. Maybe someday that will be possible.
  8. i just had a look at leniz and jacksonville and the way i understand it is the objects Rotate around point 0 is that correct?
  9. Yes all objects rotate on their "local" pivot.

Unfortunately in rF there is no way to link objects so objects like the baskets on a ferris wheel eventually will flip upside down.
  10. Is it possible to make objects rotate on on their own pivot point or do they pivot from point 0xyz
  11. I'm pretty sure, their own pivot point. 'centre' the object at the centre of rotation, away from where you want it's path then move it into place and save. does that sound right...