Floppy padle shifter or stickshift?

Hello everyone,

I would like to have your take on this. I've tried both, mostly floppy panel because I feel it is faster and it allows to keep the hands on the wheels at all times, which is nice if you have to change gears often like on city tracks. However, on some tracks with slow, very tight turns where the wheel has to turn a lot, I find it more convenient to use the stick.

What do you guys think?

• Andrew Evans

i like the idea of having both available for those occassional moments where the wheel is at mad angles and you're scrabbling around like grand master of yoga trying to flick the paddle... :D

set it up over the weekend... used the command function in the logitech profiler to map my stick to my paddles... it's already made me very happy :thumb:

I should have worded my post more clearly. I meant as realistic as possible by using the stick since I race almost exclusively with WTCC and GT car. Since the both use the stick then the most realistic way is also with a stick.

If you are racing with cars that use the paddles in real life then you also should use the paddle to be as realistic as possible. I did not mean that you always have to use the stick regardless of what car to be as realistic as possible.

Well, it seems as many of the newer cheaper cars are now getting the paddles. My wife's '09 Mini has them :) and they are pretty neat. Another few years and they will all have it.

Conclusion, those driving using the paddles only are ahead of their times :peace: lol...

When and if I get the G25 I will probably use the stick when the car I am racing in uses it as well and stick with the flappy paddles when the car has those.

I tried the stick shifting but with the Momo steer this is just bollox imo lol.

So till when I get a shifter...paddles it is.

• Mikkow

Seems there are a few misconceptions about the F3000 car. It does in fact use a shifter, not paddles. So put the G25 shifter in sequential mode and have at it. Here's what it looks like:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XqpfZmUXUM&feature=related[/media]

• Mikkow

How do we know which cars use what besides google?
I lobbied for that SimBin should put that information into the car descriptions inside the game. For the rest of us, we can only google it up, look at videos, real racing, facts etc. I do think I know pretty much every car released so far officially for Race 07 so it's not that hard to find out :)

I lobbied for that SimBin should put that information into the car descriptions inside the game. For the rest of us, we can only google it up, look at videos, real racing, facts etc. I do think I know pretty much every car released so far officially for Race 07 so it's not that hard to find out :)

Makes sense to me. It'd be nice if the default was what the cars come with, but google works as well.

• Mikkow

Definetlly paddles, you get more control when you keep boyh hands on the wheel. How about driving with clutch (G25 users)

Is that a question or a statement?

Many people stated above that they follow whatever the real car have. That means that they use the clutch all the time, since all cars have clutches. But only some cars use it when shifting (the Caterham CSR, Formula BMW, Radical sports cars, maybe the WTCC 1987 cars).

Is that a question or a statement?

Many people stated above that they follow whatever the real car have. That means that they use the clutch all the time, since all cars have clutches. But only some cars use it when shifting (the Caterham CSR, Formula BMW, Radical sports cars, maybe the WTCC 1987 cars).

As you wish, it can be both. But if you are asking about the question mark, please forgive me putting it to the sentence :) I agree that the more real car you have the more fun you get, but what i was thinking is real shifting (forgive it twice). I only drive WTCC and GTPro cars & you can shift in those cars without using clutch.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back